• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice for noob (please!)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for noob (please!)

Hello,

I'm a UK citizen who's been working in a permanent job in the Netherlands since 2004. I've decided to take the plunge and go contracting. I've been offered a contract here in Holland but I'm really not sure what to do tax or residency wise, so could use some help!

I've been renting an apartment here since 2004. My parents live in the UK, but other than that, I have no ties. I don't own any property anywhere.

I've been advised to open up a company in an offshore tax haven and draw down a salary from that. However, in Holland, as I understand it, you also need to go through an officially recognised payroll company. Any advice there?

i don't know how tax efficient it is for me to be permanently based in Holland. OK, I'm going to be working from here for the next six months, but should I be looking at relocating after that? Anywhere in particular I should look at? I have the 30% rule here with my present employer - would I have to reapply for that?

Thanks in advance.

Working...
X