• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice

Having desided to take the plunge and change my career to contracting.

I was just wondering what people would advise as to going Ltd, Umbrella or Composite. I have seen SDJ post about the pros and cons but was just looking for what people would recommend.

If you don't intend to contract for a long period of time, or want to test if the lifestyle is 'for you', I'd suggest an umbrella to start with. No hassles with closing the company down etc, putting money aside for corporation tax, filings with companies house, paying VAT on time etc etc...

However you have more flexibility / potentialy more take home if you go limited. As with everything it depends how much effort you are willing to put in.

This question is asked several times a week - there is a lot of advice on the matter if you try a search.

I think we need a 'sticky' thread for this - often the question will get a negative response as it is repeated so often....
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

A sticky Threaded ? ...yeuch, no thanks.

Comment

Anything that sticky should be in light relief
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
        X