• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eye test - legit business expense?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My situation is that I wear contact lens most of the time. But sometimes if I am working late I have to wear glasses because my eyes start getting sore (and bloodshot). So I don't actually wear my glasses for anything other than work (genuine).

My friend is an optician which is why I was interested in what the receipt needed to state!

Comment

Originally posted by oxtailsoup
      My situation is that I wear contact lens most of the time. But sometimes if I am working late I have to wear glasses because my eyes start getting sore (and bloodshot). So I don't actually wear my glasses for anything other than work (genuine).

My friend is an optician which is why I was interested in what the receipt needed to state!
      Remembering that the regime is self assessment just claim for the lenses and the glasses. Discuss it with your accountant at the year end and back it up. You only EVER truly discover what is allowable (from the subset of what you have actually claimed) when Hector comes a knocking anyway. He's only got 6 years to do in in though.

Comment

Working...
      X