• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

early termination of contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

early termination of contract

I began to work at the company from Aug this year under a condition that they would hire me as a full time from next year Jan. (Verbally made, not stated in the contract) My current part time contract states that it will be terminated in Jan 2013, working 3 days a week. But I worked full time under request of boss for 2 months time (Only HQ did allow me to work full time from next year).

However, I had to go through with so much stresses as the boss forced me to work in his own way, shouting and threatening by hitting desk for a minor process of work, bullying, and hard to find what is ethical and logical. I am an administrator doing simple tasks, having no problem with work itself! The company does not have HR because it is a branch and HQ is in another country. The boss even warned me that he would not go into full time job contract if I do not follow what he is saying. And also he said even though I worked as a full time for two months, I am not entitled to have off days at all because i only had part time contract. So I changed working as a part time this month receiving less money just to get less stresses and to spend my own time (visiting banks and to make other personal visits) and I am trying to leave the company eventually.

According to the contract, I should give 1 month notice, but I wanna terminate early by working till the end of this month only as I was paid early for the whole month.

Is it rightful to leave the company early by giving short notice in this case?
    How can I end the contract without getting any harmful reaction from the company to get a full time in a next company?

1. If you are a contractor and not a temp then the person shouting at you isn't your "boss".
    2. Regardless of how you are treated you need to give the notice agreed in the contract and stick to it.

The reason for the 2nd point is that unless you have been put in a situation where your phyiscal safety is at risk and you walk out immediately, then you can't just walk away and expect no repercussions. These repercussions include the agency screwing around with your money.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by brzone View Post
      According to the contract, I should give 1 month notice, but I wanna terminate early by working till the end of this month only as I was paid early for the whole month.
      How can I end the contract without getting any harmful reaction from the company to get a full time in a next company?
      Troll ?
      If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by brzone View Post
        I began to work at the company from Aug this year under a condition that they would hire me as a full time from next year Jan. (Verbally made, not stated in the contract) My current part time contract states that it will be terminated in Jan 2013, working 3 days a week. But I worked full time under request of boss for 2 months time (Only HQ did allow me to work full time from next year).

However, I had to go through with so much stresses as the boss forced me to work in his own way, shouting and threatening by hitting desk for a minor process of work, bullying, and hard to find what is ethical and logical. I am an administrator doing simple tasks, having no problem with work itself! The company does not have HR because it is a branch and HQ is in another country. The boss even warned me that he would not go into full time job contract if I do not follow what he is saying. And also he said even though I worked as a full time for two months, I am not entitled to have off days at all because i only had part time contract. So I changed working as a part time this month receiving less money just to get less stresses and to spend my own time (visiting banks and to make other personal visits) and I am trying to leave the company eventually.

a contract is a contract .. however the contract can be put aside if all parties agree to it .. tell agent you want to go, also speak to manager - if they realise things are so bad maybe it can be resolved.. worth trying anyway!

Comment

Give the notice you need to to terminate the contract. Then tell them that yoy are unavailable to work in the last month, but you will send a sub - assuming this in your contract. Offer to workterminate early if they prefer.

Obviously IANAL.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
            Give the notice you need to to terminate the contract. Then tell them that yoy are unavailable to work in the last month, but you will send a sub - assuming this in your contract. Offer to workterminate early if they prefer.

Obviously IANAL.
            Sorry?

You ANAL?

I'm not sure that is on topic!

Comment

Working...
            X