• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contract for same job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New contract for same job

Been offered a renewal, but want to work through MyCo, rather than client->agent->umbrella. Current contract is with Hays that has direction and control statements, but a renewal would have to be based around an IR35-frienldy contract, otherwise I'll walk. I'm aware that IR35 will be applied based on your real working practices, rather than the wording of the contract, and my thinking says that I'm IR35 clear regardless. I tell the client how to do things, I provide my own equipment to test stuff and they defintiely do not pay me if there's no work to do. Can I suddenly go from a contract that's a definite IR35 fail to one that's an IR35 pass while working for the same client, at the same site, and providing the same services?

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP
    Been offered a renewal, but want to work through MyCo, rather than client->agent->umbrella. Current contract is with Hays that has direction and control statements, but a renewal would have to be based around an IR35-frienldy contract, otherwise I'll walk. I'm aware that IR35 will be applied based on your real working practices, rather than the wording of the contract, and my thinking says that I'm IR35 clear regardless. I tell the client how to do things, I provide my own equipment to test stuff and they defintiely do not pay me if there's no work to do. Can I suddenly go from a contract that's a definite IR35 fail to one that's an IR35 pass while working for the same client, at the same site, and providing the same services?
    Yes - previous contracts aren't relevant, only those which apply to your ltd co. I don't know if Hays will change their contracts though. Try Bauer & Cottrell, they will negotiate with the agency on your behalf.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Lovely. Thanks for the reply, Mordac.

Comment

Working...
      X