• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bank accounts of Closed companies.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes they do it for you. 'They' being The Treasury Solictors (government) and in your case 'they' should have done it around 1.7 years ago ! something has been missed so it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejohnson View Post
      I have an active bank account which used to be the bank account of a now closed LTD company. The company has been closed for over 2 years but the account has remained unsuspended and has had 2 gbp in it since.

I wonder if the tax collectors ( i just can't say the word authority ) monitor any activity of that bank account considering its kinda stale account with no active LTD associated to it.

Lets say I move some money with that account, is anyone watching or reporting it ?
      It should have been frozen when your company was closed.

Don't be tempted to use it, there is a risk that your money will be confiscated Bona Vacantia as mentioned above.

I would write to bank, tell them company struck off, and ask them to close account.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejohnson View Post
        I have an active bank account which used to be the bank account of a now closed LTD company.

Lets say I move some money with that account, is anyone watching or reporting it ?
        Don't try it.

There is a very big risk that the account is frozen in some way and you will be able to put money in but won't be able to take it out again. If this happens then you will have to apply for an administrative restoration to get it back so don't come crying to us when you have lost your money.

If you want to play silly buggers trying to launder money through bank accounts then I'm sure one of our Nigerian friends will be more than willing to help you...
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

The bank is responsible for closing the account and passing any monies on to the Treasury Solicitor. They must do this upon receipt of the appropriate notification from Companies House. Usually, the bank will notify the account holder immediately after transferring the money.

The Treasury Solicitor Has nothing to do with the bank account other than being the lucky recipient of the aforementioned 'stupidity tax'.

We did this a couple months ago, several times.

Like others have said to the OP, don't even think about it.

Comment

Working...
          X