• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant Fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant Fees

Hi,

what would you think if your accountant to justify his high rate would tell you that he puts more resources on your case
    allowing you to save more in taxes?
    I am a little bit perplexed because non very experienced, so I would like to have an opinion from people with much more experience than me,
    can you save more taxes if the accountant spend more time on you or it's an excuse only?

cheers

how much are your fees?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
      how much are your fees?
      Let's say between 120 and 130 + vat

Comment

Originally posted by Fra View Post
        In my experience I would say thats the top end of the range but not excessive by any means.

Personally, I'm paying 85ish + VAT

Comment

so if you take your tax off that what would you have got in your pocket?

still think its high?

sounds about average cost i am sure you could find it more expensive or cheaper.. personally if I like and get on well with some one whats an extra £10, over 20 working days its 50p a day.

Comment

Contractor accountants fees can vary significantly. Anything from £60 to £180 per month.

I suggest you look around, don't just accept the fees for the comfort of not moving. Compare these with your current fees - Directory of Contractor Accountants - accountancy services providers for IT contractors :: Contractor UK

Comment

Hi,

what would you think if your accountant to justify his high rate would tell you that he puts more resources on your case
              allowing you to save more in taxes?
              I am a little bit perplexed because non very experienced, so I would like to have an opinion from people with much more experience than me,
              can you save more taxes if the accountant spend more time on you or it's an excuse only?

cheers
              I guess it all depends on your personal circumstances and what you require an accountant for.

Are you a Contractor? Is it a monthly fee or a one off fee? Is it for a set piece of work that they have done for you?

I think we need a bit more detail really regarding your circumstances.

Comment

I sometimes wonder if i'm missing something as I pay my accountant ~£60month inc VAT and for that i get my end of year accounts done, Self Assesment for me & the wife. I have a seperate company do my payrol and thats £10/month but they were recommended by my accountant as he doesn't do payrole but he liases with them for my SA returns etc

It's a decent sized firm with offices in Sheffield, Leeds & Manchester & i deal with the owner directly not some junior minion.

I do my own book keeping & VAT, & he's always available to answers any queries i have. I just wonder what additional services/benefit people are getting from firms that are charging >£100+vat?

Comment

Working...
                X