• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Married Couple savings election

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Married Couple savings election

It used to be possible to elect to get taxed on jointly held savings income in a different proportion to 50/50.

I'd like to allocate it all to my wife. Does anybody know if this is still possible?

HMRC webtulipe didn't throw up anything obvious.

I'd like to allocate it all to my wife. Does anybody know if this is still possible?
    It may well be possible, but DFDI!!
    Stick it offshore somewhere where the cow can't get her evil hands on it should the tulip hit the fan.

F in "Divorce" mode
    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Good morning Fleety, glad to see the sunshine is bringing out your cheerful nature!

Comment

We can compare experiences when you too get divorced, LM.

Comment

Ha ha! But I would have to get married first, would I not? I do not intend to ruin my life with such a foolish gesture!

Comment

With 20/20 hindsight, I can see you are right, LM, but I was a naive twenty-four old when I popped the question, and foolishly believed in life-long love.
            What a cretin.

Comment

Working...
            X