• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

self employed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

self employed

hello ... Am just after bit of advice on self employment through the Mrs.

i currently work self employed in my own right under cis, the company in my name, am wondering if i could set a company up in the Mrs name set her up for cis she can take over my contracts and i just work as i do now but for her on a £100 a week under my cis ? she will be the middle man so to speak....... now i know your asking your self why .... its not to avoid tax because she will be paying it on the main income, its so i can qualify for legal aid and get see my kids with ex wife. i simply can not afford to take her to court and pay the normal running cost of the company.

What if any are the legal implications for the tax side of it, Will she be able to be cis? or will she have to pay "x" in tax at the end of the year...

any pointers will be much appreciated

I'm thinking you need a tax adviser or another forum.

Don't think there's many on here who are CIS and self employed.
    Blood in your poo

Comment

As SS says, this isn't really the place to ask about CIS, different type of Contractor

If you're self employed and want to transfer all business over to wife in order to lower your income for legal aid purposes, I would imagine there would be major issues if you were found out. Do they not take account of your spouse's income anyway? I don't have any personal experience of legal aid, but you may be best to ask a Solicitor.
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
      X