• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Companies House form - share capital

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companies House form - share capital

Hi,

I appreciate you probably can't advise me here on figures - but can someone explain how to complete the "add share capital" aspect of the Companies House registration of a LTD co.

All I want to do is set up a ltd company to contract (probably six months of the year based on current trends) in the IT industry.

I was planning on completing the form as follows based on popular searches.

Class of share - ordinary
    No of shares - 1000
    Amount paid on each share - 1
    Amount unpaid on each share - 0
    Aggregate nominal value 1000

a) does this sound reasonable for what I want to do.
    b) does this indicate I have to invest £1000 in to the company to get it started ?

Nearly there !!!

Originally posted by Derben View Post
    Hi,

I appreciate you probably can't advise me here on figures - but can someone explain how to complete the "add share capital" aspect of the Companies House registration of a LTD co.

All I want to do is set up a ltd company to contract (probably six months of the year based on current trends) in the IT industry.

No of shares - 1000

b) does this indicate I have to invest £1000 in to the company to get it started ?

Nearly there !!!
    You're correct on all points! The majority of our clients have 100 shares though. Personal choice as this represents the amount of your limited liability.
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyfletcher

Comment

Originally posted by Derben View Post

No of shares - 1000

Nearly there !!!
      I would make your shares worth 1p i.e. £0.01 if possible. You can then lend the company money via a directors loan.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X