• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    What's happening at FreeAgent shares? Down 11% today. I've been watching these and I'm very tempted at this level.
    Revenues are still fairly small, losses continue. They trade in fairly low volumes too so the spread is quite large.

"LONDON (Alliance News) - FreeAgent Holdings PLC shares took a knock on Tuesday morning after the provider of cloud-based accounting software said it was loss-making in the first half of its financial year, although revenue managed to grow.

FreeAgent said it expects to report revenue of GBP4.6 million and a loss before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation of GBP400,000 for the six months to September 30, which it said was "in line with our expectations and with the expected out-turn for the year as a whole."

In the previous year, revenue amounted to GBP3.6 million while the comparable loss was around GBP1.1 million.

Meanwhile, the gross profit margin "remained strong" at 80% - but was tightened from 84% the previous year.

Net cash at the end of September was around GBP3.4 million, which FreeAgent said was "comfortably ahead of internal forecasts".

"Revenues for the year as a whole will include a higher contribution from consultancy fees as the group's strategic partnership with the Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC continues to trigger substantial reimbursed development spend for FreeAgent," said the company."
    P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Announced today?

Answered my own question - Yes, today. The spread is painful on this stock but I've bought a few at this level, a speculative buy.

More on FREE stock -
      Traders might be taking a second look at shares of Freeagent Holdings Plc (FREE.L). After a recent spotcheck, we can see that the SuperTrend line is now above the current stock price. This signal may alert traders that the stock has possibly entered into buy territory.
      Source -
      https://midwaymonitor.com/signal-mon...free-l/277607/
      Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 12 October 2017, 01:21.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Tesla update.....

Tulip bulb anyone...?

"Tesla's stock has been egregiously overvalued for years. However, up until now, the stock market invince-a-bulls have been able to ignore all bad news - not just Elon Musk's frequent wide-of-the-mark forecasts," Fred Hickey, editor of High Tech Strategist, wrote in an email. "Therefore, if Tesla's sharp Monday decline continues, it could tell us as much about how much gas is left in the bull market's tank as it does about how much rope Musk has remaining."

Hickey owns long-term Tesla put options.

Wall Street is also noticing the sheer magnitude of Tesla's cash burn. Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi estimated Tesla will burn through $4.7 billion of cash this year in a note to clients on Sept. 27. He said the company will reach a total $10.6 billion of cash burn as a public company by the end of 2017, which is unprecedented for a nearly $60 billion market-cap company.

In comparison, he cited how Amazon burned $1.1 billion of cash over three years and was generating billions of dollars of cash when it reached a $60 billion valuation.

"Cash incineration engine..."

One hedge fund manager is noticing Tesla's large investment spending and doubts it will bear fruit.

"There is no question that Tesla makes a good luxury car, there is some question about whether Tesla is a well run company, given the production delays and huge cash burn and there are serious questions about whether holders of the stock at these levels could ever make a positive return," Morgan Creek Capital's founder and chief investment officer Mark Yusko, whose firm manages $1.8 billion, wrote in an email. "Every month that passes without significant deliveries of the Model 3 will shine the lights on Tesla and force stockholders to check under the hood and they may be distressed to find a cash incineration engine."

Comment

now then, about FreeAgent..............

Comment

now then, about FreeAgent..............
            At least they don't burn (word chosen carefully) $10bn a year!

Comment

Announced today?

Answered my own question - Yes, today. The spread is painful on this stock but I've bought a few at this level, a speculative buy.

More on FREE stock -

Source -
              https://midwaymonitor.com/signal-mon...free-l/277607/

BBC NEWS | Business | Market Data | Share Prices | London Stock Exchange LSE | Freeagent Holdings FREE

Frankly this share has feck all liquidity. That 11% drop was on about £30k and the spread is 7%. Simon could double the share price on this by spending his lunch money on it.

This is a miss for me.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                BBC NEWS | Business | Market Data | Share Prices | London Stock Exchange LSE | Freeagent Holdings FREE

Frankly this share has feck all liquidity. That 11% drop was on about £30k and the spread is 7%. Simon could double the share price on this by spending his lunch money on it.

This is a miss for me.
                Its a shame really because if Elon Musk owned it it'd be worth at least $55bn

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

This is a miss for me.
                  Agreed, the spread is dreadful, but at this price I am taking a punt on it.

Comment

Agreed, the spread is dreadful, but at this price I am taking a punt on it.
                    My money is on it ending up back in private hands at some stage...

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
                      Its a shame really because if Elon Musk owned it it'd be worth at least $55bn
                      I’m beginning to sense a little Billionaire envy creeping in Simon. :-)
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X