• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new buying opportunity...

stocked up on Glencore
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      new buying opportunity...

stocked up on Glencore
      Agreed. But I topped up the day before at 106. Ouch.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Oi MF how is your Glencore doing these days or did you cut your losses?

Volkswagen upto €135.25 at the moment, think I bought them at around €109 but the change in Euro rate has made the profit a little leaner
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Oi MF how is your Glencore doing these days or did you cut your losses?

Volkswagen upto €135.25 at the moment, think I bought them at around €109 but the change in Euro rate has made the profit a little leaner
          Did the opposite. Kept them. Put in 7k at 106 originally, then the price tanked. Then last week (I forget which day I woke up to see it had tanked from 87 to near 82, so I put in another 7k at 83.5, which give me an average of 94.75. But I sold 6845's worth sometime this week around 91/92. My portfolio says I'm 1% under, so saying I have a break even of 96. Which can't be right as I got 6845 quid sold and 6667 quid left, which on 14k means I'm about 500 quid down, have 7000 shares left so I need 102 to break even???

I should have sold the same number I bought, proper confused this one, but did manage to drop the breakeven.

PS : To self, take the keyboard off American $$$$

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Did the opposite. Kept them. Put in 7k at 106 originally, then the price tanked. Then last week (I forget which day I woke up to see it had tanked from 87 to near 82, so I put in another 7k at 83.5, which give me an average of 94.75. But I sold 6845's worth sometime this week around 91/92. My portfolio says I'm 1% under, so saying I have a break even of 96. Which can't be right as I got 6845 quid sold and 6667 quid left, which on 14k means I'm about 500 quid down, have 7000 shares left so I need 102 to break even???

I should have sold the same number I bought, proper confused this one, but did manage to drop the breakeven.

PS : To self, take the keyboard off American $$$$
            Its why I try to limit any shares, if I am overweight in one I will stop reinvesting the dividends, confuses my calculation especially given I calculate the yield on purchase prices only not current value
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Its why I try to limit any shares, if I am overweight in one I will stop reinvesting the dividends, confuses my calculation especially given I calculate the yield on purchase prices only not current value
              I'm still up overall though. My portfolio shows in blue, but I've done some quick trades in this time moving stuff.

Had 4k on Glencore in October and in my head thought I was up in a few other areas as well. Just bothered to do a calculation off all of my trades since October and in total I'm 3.3k up. Only 2.7k in total on Glencore, so obviously I must have made some other losses on the way down.

So not as good as I thought.

Comment

if I am overweight
                Not the question that is relevant to MF...

Comment

Ouch. Glencore dropping like a stone, topped up yesterday.

Comment

Glencore is looking interesting again

Shell and BP look good as well.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Glencore is looking interesting again

Shell and BP look good as well.
                      Well I just tried to buy at 77.30 the low for the day, only to find out the Barclays trading is down and I cannot trade feck all.

Comment

Working...
                      X