• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Appears that I just shy of 3k up now, cool considering I was almost 3k down at the beginning of last week.

AtW, Che Guevara, Jeremy Corbyn, Mao Tse Tung, Edgar Allan Poe, Leon Trotsky, can you hear me, can you hear me? Your boys took a helluva beating.

(No doubt back to zero by the end of the week)
    You dirty spekulant!!!

Repent!!!

Comment

Bulls 6292 Bears 0

Europe Stocks Set for Best Jump Since August; Glencore Rises 19% - Bloomberg Business

This is a walkover.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        As nice as it is to make a few quid (and I made a few today too ), it isn't over yet. The lows will be re-tested again soon. If anything, the news has only got worse in the last few days, earnings are unlikely to support multiple expansion, and ZIRP/QE is old news/short lived/inadequate (you only have to look at the failure of ECB stimulus). There's been an interesting shift in volatility recently, given the historically low volatility leading up to it, and that's pretty much all it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          As nice as it is to make a few quid (and I made a few today too ), it isn't over yet. The lows will be re-tested again soon. If anything, the news has only got worse in the last few days, earnings are unlikely to support multiple expansion, and ZIRP/QE is old news/short lived/inadequate (you only have to look at the failure of ECB stimulus). There's been an interesting shift in volatility recently, given the historically low volatility leading up to it, and that's pretty much all it is.
          The bears will soon reveal themselves in full force!

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
            The bears will soon reveal themselves in full force!
            Great. They can start mid-Wednesday which is about when I reckon it's going to peak and I'm going to bin everything.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Great. They can start mid-Wednesday which is about when I reckon it's going to peak and I'm going to bin everything.

Comment

Looks like I haven't lost my knack of selling at the bottom. This is why I'm LTBH, usually.
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                  Looks like I haven't lost my knack of selling at the bottom. This is why I'm LTBH, usually.
                  You are in good company. I sold GLEN at 90 at a considerable loss
                  Last edited by Andy2; 6 October 2015, 12:17.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    You can still go back in and make a killing, after all we're still there, or plough it into something else.

Alternative investment

Of course both of these may get wiped out.

"He who dares"

Last edited by BlasterBates; 6 October 2015, 12:23.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

You can still go back in and make a killing, after all we're still there, or plough it into something else.

Alteranative investment

"He who dares"

Already plonked the cash into BP(*), shares which will probably remain in the portfolio forever. GLEN now at 112, not attractive for a share with no divi and mountainous debt. VW? don't like the downside - some Greenpeace guy on the radio was talking about a corporate manslaughter charge this morning. That won't fly but the inevitable US Class Actions are impossible to put a value on, but the total bill has got to be in the billions.

(*) Yes, I am a hypocrite.
                      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X