• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VW Group down an obscene amount it two days due to the problems with the emissons, worth a speculative punt for a long term recovery, only issue is only had London stocks in my SIPP, not sure if there is much more complication have some German stocks in there
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        VW Group down an obscene amount it two days due to the problems with the emissons, worth a speculative punt for a long term recovery, only issue is only had London stocks in my SIPP, not sure if there is much more complication have some German stocks in there
        I speculate VW will go further down. It all depends on further findings in the markets they operate in, potential fines, potential lawsuits from US/EU, etc. I would probably wait 4-6 weeks, constantly monitoring, before taking a punt on VW.

Comment

I would agree with the above, VW is not going to go shooting back up, so it's not worth it to make a quick killing.

If you have a longterm view, this is however an excellent price to buy in.

Generally there are so many great opportunities on the stock market because it's been beaten down eg Prudential, GKN, Babcock International etc

why bother taking the risk, why not just buy another well managed company without any problems, you'll still get your 30% return and it's a bit more certain.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'll stick. Glencore my biggest loser at the moment.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              ...down nearly 14% today

It's going to £1, saw it in an analysts report, then you buy and make a killing selling at £1.20
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Don't underestimate how bad this could be for VW. They have basically committed fraud and the fall out is going to be huge especially from fines and potential class action law suits in the US. I really would not risk it, especially when their are UK blue chips that are currently trading at significant discounts, such as BP, Tesco, Glencore and Lloyds.

Comment

My prediction of FTSE being 4800 before year end still on. October will be the worst of it IMHO. Sell sell sell

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    I would agree with the above, VW is not going to go shooting back up, so it's not worth it to make a quick killing.

If you have a longterm view, this is however an excellent price to buy in.

Generally there are so many great opportunities on the stock market because it's been beaten down eg Prudential, GKN, Babcock International etc

why bother taking the risk, why not just buy another well managed company without any problems, you'll still get your 30% return and it's a bit more certain.
                    I am a long term investor, price is cheap and if it takes a year or two to bounce back the yield at todays price will be worth it for future dividend history
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      You should look in the mirror...

Comment

Working...
                      X