• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He who dares
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Be afraid, be very afraid:

They need the retail suckers to fill their sell orders.....
      IG has: DAX 68% long. DOW 61% long. FTSE 67% long. US500 53% short.

Since IG retail is about the best contra indicator I know of I am still waiting for a lot more short interest before I get long again.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
        IG has: DAX 68% long. DOW 61% long. FTSE 67% long. US500 53% short.

Since IG retail is about the best contra indicator I know of I am still waiting for a lot more short interest before I get long again.
        Retail investors seem to be able to sit on the sideline in a bull market for five years, and then as soon as there is the start of a selling rout, THEN decide that's the time to invest their money, each time "calling the bottom" as it falls, dead cat bounce and falls again, then tell everyone that investing in the stock market sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Retail investors seem to be able to sit on the sideline in a bull market for five years, and then as soon as there is the start of a selling rout, THEN decide that's the time to invest their money, each time "calling the bottom" as it falls, dead cat bounce and falls again, then tell everyone that investing in the stock market sucks.

True, but most of the professionals aren't any better. Most of them make money out of flogging crap advice. It's difficult to avoid cutting your losses too late and it's difficult to avoid taking profits too early. It's as much about psychology as any particular insight or ability to time markets.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Because I have a friend called Glen. What other reason do I need?
            Glenfiddich?

Comment

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0128e9d0-5...#axzz3kZCt4QF7

Interesting article on Glencore. Stating that if the slide continues they won't have enough money and will need to raise shares. Setting a 42p target. It's worst hit again today
              Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I just bought 5K's worth. So they're bound to drop further.
              And there you go. 12% up today on the news
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

And there you go. 12% up today on the news
                Less than £100 down now!

Comment

Must admit when I bought wasn't aware of how indebted they were

If they get rid of debt they become profitable even at low commodity prices, then they can shut a mine or two and create a shortage.

Their outlook has definitely improved, it looks like now they can weather out the commodity doldrums, and looks more like a good longterm investment.

If you hold they'll be out with the begging bowl, probably will be a chance to make a quick buck if their issuance is well below market price.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Less than £100 down now!
                    £100 ??
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Must admit when I bought wasn't aware of how indebted they were

If they get rid of debt they become profitable even at low commodity prices, then they can shut a mine or two and create a shortage.

Their outlook has definitely improved, it looks like now they can weather out the commodity doldrums, and looks more like a good longterm investment.

If you hold they'll be out with the begging bowl, probably will be a chance to make a quick buck if their issuance is well below market price.
                      I thought their IPO was over priced massively, it now feels very underpriced but who can tell ? I also thought Ocado was over priced but they have done well.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X