• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Time to change accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Time to change accountant?

I have had problems with my accountancy firm recently and would like to change to someone that values my business by offering

a) value for money - they are expensive
    b) enough services for their fee - they'll do my self assessment but I need to provide them with all the details anyway (so I've basically filled the form in for them!). I foolishly assumed more expensive meant better but if I am having to do a lot of work myself they don't deserve their fees.
    c) someone to answer my emails, yes, I'm busy and my client doesn't appreciate me being on the phone all the time to the accountant and also phonecalls aren't too private in an office

My year end is end of sept so I am thinking this may be the cheapest time to change.

regards,

SD

Year end would be the obvious time.

I have the same issue of the personal tax return. All things considered, I'd have been much better off doing it myself, and I'm starting to wonder if the same doesn't apply to the whole service.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by niceguyeddie
      I have had problems with my accountancy firm recently and would like to change to someone that values my business by offering

a) value for money - they are expensive
      b) enough services for their fee - they'll do my self assessment but I need to provide them with all the details anyway (so I've basically filled the form in for them!). I foolishly assumed more expensive meant better but if I am having to do a lot of work myself they don't deserve their fees.
      c) someone to answer my emails, yes, I'm busy and my client doesn't appreciate me being on the phone all the time to the accountant and also phonecalls aren't too private in an office

My year end is end of sept so I am thinking this may be the cheapest time to change.

regards,

SD
      I'm assuming that they invoice you seperately for the self assessment? If they don't then you really shouldn't be putting your accountants fees through the company books since you are illicitting a personal gain from it.

Comment

Working...
      X