• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I see somewhere online if P11D has been submitted by my accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I see somewhere online if P11D has been submitted by my accountant?

Hi,

A couple of months ago I have changed my accountant. I tried my best to leave on best terms and she had agreed to submit the P11D on my behalf. A month ago she asked me for my expense details and I have submitted everything to her.

Now getting close to the deadline I have reminded her last week about our arrangement and got the response that "The P11D’s for all our clients are in hand and will be submitted shortly"

Well I am no longer her client, is that some kind of word play, or am I interpreting too much into it? Now only two days away from the deadline I still haven't received any confirmation.
    If that goes in late I will be obviously fined.

I wonder if there is in the HMRC online account an option to register and see if this has been already submitted or not. In worst case, I could do it myself. Is P11D falling into "PAYE for Employers" section?

What are my legal options if she had refused doing it? Even though I have her emails proofing that she had previously agreed to it?

Many Thanks,

HMRC Online should show it under the PAYE section, but it can take a while to show up. You could try calling the HMRC Employer's Helpline instead HMRC Contact us

Your old accountant should send you a copy if there's anything to report, as all employees have to be given a copy (unless it's a nil return).

If if it's part of what they've agreed to do, and what they've paid for, then you'd have a right to expect them to pay any penalty for late submission if it's not done in my view.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Do you have the login details for your "Do It Yourself" so your company can login into HMRC.gov.uk?

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I have online access to hmrc.co.uk and have just logged in and enrolled for the "PAYE for Employers" service. However they need to send an Activation code until I can access it. Darn.

Comment

Although the deadline is the 6th July I think you don't get penalties until the 19th. But don't quote me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            Although the deadline is the 6th July I think you don't get penalties until the 19th. But don't quote me on that.
            Yes, providing it's in by 19th of July HMRC should not issue a penalty. If it is filed after this date then the penalty is £100 per month (or part month), running from the 6th July (capped at a maximum of the Class 1A liability). Despite HMRC saying they were going to toughen up on P11d deadlines, they are still issuing letters themselves with a deadline date of 19th.

HM Revenue & Customs: Penalties if you file PAYE returns late: P35, P14, P11D(b)
            Last edited by ClearSky Accounting Dan; 4 July 2012, 10:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              The penalties do start after 6th July for P11d's.

You might be getting confused with the old payment deadline for PAYE & NIC payments, these were due by the 19th (now 22nd) after the end of the month.

This payment date also applies to the Class 1A NIC related to the P11d, these are due by the 22nd, although if the 22nd falls at a weekend, you need to get them to HMRC on the last working day before.

Alan

Comment

Working...
              X