• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid IR35 question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid IR35 question

With all this stuff about business tests and letters being sent out but case law staying the same.....

....can't they just change the law about what makes one inside/outside instead of all this posturing?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Where's the fun in that?

Comment

Easier, quicker, more cost effective - never going to happen
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        With all this stuff about business tests and letters being sent out but case law staying the same.....

....can't they just change the law about what makes one inside/outside instead of all this posturing?
        Or make it fair™ so IR35 caught 'employees' get some compensation for lack of 'employment' benefits.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

All HMRC are interested in is raising the tax take off people. Everything else is just lip service.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Change of law requires it all going through parliament again. Not going to happen in the short term.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Nope if HMRC scare enough people they will get more tax out of them easily particularly if the number of self-employed people is rising.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I thought when the IR35 'replacement' (as it was originally mooted as) was going to be backed by legislation but I think somewhere during the process the government decided this was too much like hard work or, more likely, didn't want to be seen as anti-business so let the HMRC take the hit.

Ironically some of the most blatant examples of Friday to Monday arrangements were in the public sector.

Comment

Working...
                X