• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant Recommendations (Leeds!)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant Recommendations (Leeds!)

Hi All

I've recently discovered your site and am SO glad theres something to offer help and advice after all the potential pitfalls I've been told about since i became a freelancer.

The accountant I had llined up to help me has done one and left me in a bit of a pickle as i have nobody to sort my stuff out, especially now i have a tax return that I need done pronto.

This is where I need help! Any recommendations for a good, (Cheap!), reliable accountant who know's his stuff in the Leeds area (im in the city centre but will take any of the surrouding areas) I'd be really greatful. Any experience with setting up a Ltd. Company would be fantastic too.

Thanks in advance.
    Dan

Darren at 1st Accountancy is in Wakefield I think.

Comment

Darren is in Wakefield and he can certainly set up new companies quickly and for no cost I think if you use his accountancy services: http://www.1staccountancy.biz/

Comment

I think Darren is on his hols at the moment, but there is someone in the office taking care of things.

I use him and would recommend him to others.
        He will set up a Ltd and does the payroll stuff too.
        Reasonably priced.
        He is happy to work by email and letter but I think he will be handy enough for Leeds.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

He's away from the 5th (i.e. from next week) for two weeks.
          He's there today (I've been in contact with him today).

Comment

Acccountants

Afternoon guys, yes still here, based in Wakefield, just outside of Leeds.

Off to the Bahamas on Sunday back 20th June....still picking up emails every couple of days in between diving & fishing!!

Good to speak to you yesterday Hex.

Comment

There's a chap in Wakefield, Darren, or somat, comes on here regular.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Accountant in Leeds

Hi Dan

SJD Accountancy have an office in Leeds in Thorpe Park Business Park. We offer a company formation service and a competitive accountancy package.

Please feel free to give me a call on 0113 251 5016 or email for more information.

Graeme Bennett
                SJD Accountancy
                Last edited by Graeme Bennett; 2 June 2006, 14:41.

Comment

Thanks Guys

All your help appreciated. Wil most probably drop Darren an email and maybe get intouch with SJD too to see what the crack is.

This may be a sticky subject but how do u guys pay for ur accounts done... eg. monthly, for the year or whatever?! Do you find your respective accountants save u whatever they get paid.

Kind Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X