• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House buying - leasehold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House buying - leasehold

Just had the searches back from the solicitor and on the leasehold, there is the following restriction:

Only use the property for residential purposes
    How much should i take note of this? Can they really prevent me registering my Ltd Co at a house I've purchased?

Will be discussing with my solicitor when we sit down, but trying to work out if it's worth discussing at all!
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Just had the searches back from the solicitor and on the leasehold, there is the following restriction:

How much should i take note of this? Can they really prevent me registering my Ltd Co at a house I've purchased?

Will be discussing with my solicitor when we sit down, but trying to work out if it's worth discussing at all!
    Its a standard leaseholder clause, they can't stop you doing anything before the event but they can challenge it if they are upset enough about it. I don't think you have anything to worry about working from home.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post

Wouldn't worry about it.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ta, that was my thoughts!

Will change MyCo address after move.
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I think this restriction is to stop you opening a 'shop' in part of your house etc.

I do not think you would have any problems with simply working from home, especially as you are unlikley to have streams of visitors coming to the house etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
            I think this restriction is to stop you opening a 'shop' in part of your house
            Brothel, health practice i.e. physio or any other business where you have clients who will visit the premise.

They also don't want you to set up a workshop in the building and cause loads of noise. (Mind you if you do that in a freehold house and have neighbours expect someone from the council to come knocking.)

They don't care if you run a clerical type business or do admin work but they don't want visitors who will annoy the neighbours and possibly cause insurance problems for them.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X