• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountancy Firm Lied To Me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Sue Ellen.

Yes I have written evidence. That's why I can say with certainty that they lied to mitigate themselves.

So you think the ICAEW will do nothing and maybe instead take it to the small claims?

Comment

Why don't you write to the accountants first, setting out the facts as in your first post, and asking them to compensate you? You may well find that they will do so if they were genuinely at fault, without you having to resort to legal action/reporting to ICAEW.
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

I did. I gave the exact as I had laid it out here and the director of the company (let's call him P) said that it was my own responsibity to get my accounts in on time and did not see that there had been an issue by his employee.

Basically P said it was my own fault and then quoted me the companies house spiel that it is the Director's responsibility to get their accounts in on time.

I recently completed my accounts with an accountant and it took 1/2 a day to complete the company accounts P&L, etc. So either P's employee was incompetent or the new accountant I have is amazing and has shown me how simple it is to do a P&L, etc. New accountant also stated the presentation of the data for my accounts is easy to work with (it is all in e-format broken down in tables that they would have in Sage) and was charged a 1/5 of what I paid to old accountancy firm.

During conversation P was playing with his speaker phone and was really quite offensive. P's employee when I had queried him about the invoice in 2011 said "I was lucky my accounts got picked up". I was an idiot and still paid their over priced invoice. I had moved on, but then my discoveries this year have made me totally disappointed with this company since I had been using the accountancy firm since 2005.

So although I could just move on and not waste any more time, I don't like liars and bullies and have had enough of hearing about larger corporations screwing the smaller traders.
        Last edited by gertysingh; 2 May 2012, 12:05.

Comment

Working...
        X