• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Book keeping package

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book keeping package

A mate is just setting up a little (non-IT) company and he wants some advice ("you're in IT aren't you....") on a very basic book keeping package (sales / purchase ledger, vat return etc...) which he can use and then export to an accountant for year end stuff.

Anybody any recommendations?

Spreadsheet (EXCEL, Openoffice...)
    Pen and Paper
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

quickbooks

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Sage Line 50 Financial Controller *runs*
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
          Sage Line 50 Financial Controller *runs*
          sage Instant Account +. Adequate for small business and person with limited knowledge of accounting

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99
            sage Instant Account +. Adequate for small business and person with limited knowledge of accounting
            Yes that is what I use. It's a mini version of Line 50 which does the job nicely albeit in a sagey way.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
              Yes that is what I use. It's a mini version of Line 50 which does the job nicely albeit in a sagey way.
              Monkey, are you using Sage Instant payroll ?. Is it any good ?

I was thinking of getting one.

i am so broke, I have not paid myself 4 the last 3 months

Comment

Fecking atrocious piece of crap. Just use the paper P11s and do the P35 manually.

If you want instant accounts, v12 is available in store at John lewis for 69 quid which is a hell of a lot cheaper than anywhere else (after I just paid 160 quid for it and payroll).

Comment

you can't afford to pay yourself but want to buy some s'ware
                  Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Arent you lot a bit heavy handed ?!

When I said I am broke, I did not mean Im not working, I meant my company has got paid but I have not managed to pay myself !

anyways I just bought Instant Accounts Financial which includes payroll from Pcworld for £144.

Anyone using the accountant link from the softwares?

Comment

Working...
                    X