• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    A 1 minute guide to using Twitter (even my granny could do it):
    • It takes 30 seconds open an account. Go to twitter.com and sign up with an email address.
    • Choose a catchy name
    • Add a photo and select some colours or design if you want.
    • Follow people you are interested in, such as politicians, journalists, civil liberty campaigners, media, etc.
    • Compose messages of less than 140 characters and hit send
    • Use the @ symbol when communicating with others, e.g. @DavidGauke @BeenGauked @DotasScandal @yourMPsname
    • Use the search facility to find people you want to tweet to.
    • Use hashtags to give your message one or more identifiable references that others can cotton onto, eg. #FinanceBill2014 #tax #MagnaCarta #retro
    • Find hashtags that people/media/politicians are using and use them too, e.g. #MagnaCarta is one we recently hijacked
    • Retweet messages you agree with. Also reply to messages you want to talk about.
    • Look for issues that politicians are tweeting about that may be relevant and reply to them with a message about our plight. Try and engage them in conversation.
    • Try and build your own follower base simply by engaging in tweeting with others and following others.
    • For the adventurous, try creating your own "memes" and tweeting them. They are photos with humourous captions. Use this Meme generator https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Twitter is an amazing concept. It takes free speech back from the "dead tree" press.
    BUMP

Comment

Originally posted by TalkingCheese View Post
      Can we send the survey results? They are anonymised examples.
      I'll see if I can find an anonymous version.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Anybody got the space to host a photo wall?

I was thinking of pictures of all of us with our kids holding posters "I'm loosing my bedroom all thanks to retrospection. My daddy didn't do anything illegal"

Kind of like a victims of retrospection - the real impact

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post

I was thinking of pictures of all of us with our kids holding posters "I'm loosing my bedroom all thanks to retrospection. My daddy didn't do anything illegal"

Can be done at Dotas Scandal, no problem.
          I would need to borrow a kid for my photo :-)

www.dotas-scandal.org
          Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
            Can be done at Dotas Scandal

www.dotas-scandal.org
            DavidGauke.org.uk might be a nice pre-election advert for him. When you're ready, PM me and I'll see if I can find who owns it.

P.S. Will this child do?

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-imag.../oliver460.jpg
            Last edited by SantaClaus; 16 June 2014, 19:38.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
              Summary?

www.dotas-scandal.org

Comment

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
                Can I request that people respond to this tweet: https://twitter.com/iswales/status/478591125029392384

Obviously it's better for several people to reply stating their case rather than one summary.

As DotasScandal said earlier most of the hits on the website are now coming from twitter so it looks like people are starting to take notice!
                Guys, let's bomb this guys with real life stories like he's never seen
                [email protected]

www.dotas-scandal.org

Comment

My tweets don't appear under #financebill2014 hashtag search, probably cos I'm new, so I'm hoping someone else can tweet links to past reports by accountancy bodies about the lack of consultation etc on this bill, like the one from CIOT and ICAEW. Perhaps folks will take more notice of professional bodies who's motives for contributing to the discussion are altruistic and who have nothing to gain from an amendment.

EDIT: here's one from the Adam Smith institute http://www.adamsmith.org/blog/libert...he-rule-of-law
                  Last edited by zaphrus; 16 June 2014, 20:01.

Comment

Thread with Ian Swales getting traction!

www.dotas-scandal.org

Comment

Originally posted by zaphrus View Post
                      My tweets don't appear under #financebill2014 hashtag search, probably cos I'm new, so I'm hoping someone else can tweet links to past reports by accountancy bodies about the lack of consultation etc on this bill, like the one from CIOT and ICAEW. Perhaps folks will take more notice of professional bodies who's motives for contributing to the discussion are altruistic and who have nothing to gain from an amendment.
                      Do you have a link to one of your tweets? PM me if you wish.

Remember to select "All" when viewing all tweets under that hashtag.

Comment

Working...
                      X