• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intersting

am i correct in saying you were the other person with the 1 to 4 week letter rather than the 1 to 8 week one that everyone else got? As i think it was only me and one or two others that got the smaller time frame.

I did wonder if those of us that got that were in the batch where Montp thought our discovery notices had been issued out of date .... so possibly a little higher up the radar

Comment

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
      am i correct in saying you were the other person with the 1 to 4 week letter rather than the 1 to 8 week one that everyone else got? As i think it was only me and one or two others that got the smaller time frame.

I did wonder if those of us that got that were in the batch where Montp thought our discovery notices had been issued out of date .... so possibly a little higher up the radar
      Mine did have a 1-4 week period on it, though I didn't previously post it on here so must be another. I assumed it was de Graaf users etc where the provider seems to have disappeared.

Comment

couple of peeps i know still not even had the APN are coming letter yet

Comment

so are you not mont p but de graf ? im confused

ignore that - just read your last post again

Originally posted by BS81 View Post
          Mine did have a 1-4 week period on it, though I didn't previously post it on here so must be another. I assumed it was de Graaf users etc where the provider seems to have disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
            so are you not mont p but de graf ? im confused

ignore that - just read your last post again
            Yes I was with de Graaf.

Comment

Address for APN or Pre APN

I have not received a pre APN or APN yet, but recently moved.
              I updated my address on HMRC Online Services in my account. Does anybody know if this address change covers all HMRC departments?

Just worried that they still have my old address somewhere and the letter/s go astray... would be good if they posted them online or sent them by email...

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                I presume it's the real deal, not just the pre-APN warning letter.

If you were with Montpelier then forward it to them. Contact details here:
                http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post2059017

You can also email it to NTRT: admin AT notoretrotax.org.uk
                I have just sent it on by email to NTRT and copied DR in.

Comment

Originally posted by antrant View Post
                  I have not received a pre APN or APN yet, but recently moved.
                  I updated my address on HMRC Online Services in my account. Does anybody know if this address change covers all HMRC departments?

Just worried that they still have my old address somewhere and the letter/s go astray... would be good if they posted them online or sent them by email...
                  Same here (although I moved a few years back). I have received other non APN/S58 info fromHMRC (coding notices etc). I assume they are all linked up and only have one address.
                  Anyone else received nothing?

Maybe they have forgotten about me

Comment

APN also received today

Originally posted by BS81 View Post
                    Has anyone else received an APN yet? If not, is there someone in NTRT I should forward it on to?
                    Hi All,

Just got an Accelerated Payment Notice too. Tax year 2006/7 - deGraaf. Already on day 3 of the 90-day countdown...

HMRC letter said 'between 1 and 6 weeks' but clearly they had it ready to go as it's arrived almost straight away.

I will send a copy on to NTRT too but do I assume that as deGraaf have clearly taken the money and run that I'm on my own with this now?

I was with MP for other years, then moved to deGraaf for 06/07, but I assume (in fact, hope) that the response to be advised by MP would be the same for those of us who used other providers?

As a loyal member and ongoing NTRT donator I have always been grateful for all of the support and hard work, and I'm hoping that there will be some form of advise available for those of us who have non-MP APNs that are now arriving?

PM replies are fine.

Thanks.
                    Last edited by GripRacing; 2 March 2015, 18:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowden View Post
                      The reason you're the first “plebs” to receive APNs is probably inadvertently down to NTRT. If they've put forward an argument that has over 75% odds. HMRC will want to collect as much as they can now and demoralize you in the process. Starving the enemy (of money) weakens the enemy.
                      Interesting comment. NTRT are probably the best organized group out there. Its going to be hard to pick any of us off. Probably the nearest to giving up is me - and that will backfire very badly on HMRC if I go postal.

I notice its your first post. Are you an interested bystander, someone affected, a member of Montpelier or a member of NTRT?

Comment

Working...
                      X