• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is another thread if you wish to voice your ire but it's not this one.

Post in http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...er-trusts.html that's the one for debate.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by stonecircle View Post
      I posted a message on this thread advocating retrospective taxation when the only purpose of the financial action was to avoid tax. It was censored. Truth too much to bear? What a well rounded discussion forum this is. Freedom to speak as long as it's in favour of extreme tax avoidance.

And yes I am a contractor (ltd).

I give this message 30 minutes. My love to the moderators, I do hope you find a life soon x x
      Take a hint - your not welcome in here if you choose to lecture those of us caught up in this mess.

I certainly won't come gloating to you if you ever post any issues regarding your Limited company being investigated for some of the many evil attacks in place (like IR35) and those planned for the future by HMRC.

You just never know - your well run limited company might be on HMRCs radar in the future.

We are all in this fight together. I ran limited companies until 2003 when IR35 was becoming a scary prospect for thousands of us. Legislation that still confuses the hell out of everyone.

Join the fight don't fall for the mainstream blurb.

Comment

I posted a message on this thread advocating retrospective taxation when the only purpose of the financial action was to avoid tax. It was censored. Truth too much to bear? What a well rounded discussion forum this is. Freedom to speak as long as it's in favour of extreme tax avoidance.

And yes I am a contractor (ltd).

I give this message 30 minutes. My love to the moderators, I do hope you find a life soon x x
        Want to meet up in person and discuss this?

Put up or shut up.

Comment

I do not want this argument to continue in this thread.

You ALL know which thread to go to if you want an argument.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I do not want this argument to continue in this thread.

You ALL know which thread to go to if you want an argument.
            My prediction of 30 minute until censorship was out by 14 hours or so. Was interesting while it lasted. I love freedom of speech. Wasn't looking for an argument, just putting the voice of anti-extreme avoidance. This isn't a forum, it's a polemic echo chamber.

Comment

My prediction of 30 minute until censorship was out by 14 hours or so. Was interesting while it lasted. I love freedom of speech. Wasn't looking for an argument, just putting the voice of anti-extreme avoidance. This isn't a forum, it's a polemic echo chamber.
              I hate defending cojak - but she said she the correct place for debate is http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...er-trusts.html . The posts have beemn moved there. Are you really so thick you cannot read? You need to put your computer in a box, take it back to the supplier and tell them you are too thick to own it.

Please go to the other thread ( http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...er-trusts.html ) and continue over there.

If you put another post here again I hope you get banned and your email is published.

HTH BISDI
              (Hope that Helps But I Seripusly Doubt It)

Comment

Feck me, take a hint! Do one

Comment

Really not got time to be pissing about with repeatedly telling someone to STFU so have banned him. Am sure you will read this stonecircle so try and understand it this time. This is a thread for people affected by this, not for you to come and discuss your thoughts and feelings on the subject. You were told this last night and persisted today. Not censorship, just me being pissed off that you are taking away time when I could be doing something productive.

Comment

Out of interest how many of our "new" joiners haven't signed this:

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...-retrospective

Feel free to share.

Comment

APN 'Heads up'

Cue Armageddon music...............
                      My APN warning landed on the mat this morning. Gives 1-8 weeks as the delivery window and lists individual years that I have under appeal. It also identifies what I believe may be the DOTAS Scheme number.

This surreal nightmare is becoming very real and threatening.

Comment

Working...
                      X