• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Liverpool Crown Court Listings, hearings, cases & details

It says witness evidence concluded - but not for which side. grrrrrrrr
    Nothing on the listings for WG today - anyone know the SP?

Comment

WG trial

Nothing on the listings for WG today - anyone know the SP?
      Adjourned until today. Defence opens at 10.30am.

Comment

NTRT settlement

Does anyone have any more info on the settlement that was referred to in yesterday's newsletter? A few months ago they mentioned that there'd been a recent settlement that resulted in a lower tax bill which I assume is what they're working on.
        Last edited by stonehenge; 9 September 2014, 15:03.

Comment

Latest Newsletter - 8th September

Hi all,

I have posted the latest newsletter on the website for members:

Member’s Newsletters | No To Retrospective Taxation

Please check your spam folders first if you didn't receive it. Gmail are a royal pain in the you know what when it comes to classifying mailing lists as spam!

If you still haven't received anything, please drop me a message - admin at notoretrotax.org.uk

Cheers

Santa
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            Hi all,

I have posted the latest newsletter on the website for members:

Member’s Newsletters | No To Retrospective Taxation

Please check your spam folders first if you didn't receive it. Gmail are a royal pain in the you know what when it comes to classifying mailing lists as spam!

If you still haven't received anything, please drop me a message - admin at notoretrotax.org.uk

Cheers

Santa
            Many thanks.

I do hope the comments on the WG trial are correct?

Anyways - its now on the defence. Witness 6. I wonder how many witnesses there are?

Comment

Anyways - its now on the defence. Witness 6. I wonder how many witnesses there are?
              That's quick - I thought even the simplest fraud trials went on for yonks, which could mean it's either open-and-shut, or a total pile of pants

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                That's quick - I thought even the simplest fraud trials went on for yonks, which could mean it's either open-and-shut, or a total pile of pants
                It started Monday 1st so 8 days now. No idea how long defence will take.

Comment

Trial (Part Heard) - Hearing finished for EDWARD GITTINS - 14:49
                  So presumably Calcutt gives evidence, then its summing up, then a long wait, then verdict?

Comment

Trial (Part Heard) - Hearing finished for EDWARD GITTINS - 14:49
                    So presumably Calcutt gives evidence, then its summing up, then a long wait, then verdict?
                    See XHIBIT: Court list

The hearing of the case for the specified defendant(s) has concluded for today. It is not an indication that the case has finished just that today's hearing has finished.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Gittins case

Prosecution did not complete their submissions but withdrew due to insufficient evidence. Jury directed to return verdict of Not Guilty
                      The case is over.

Comment

Working...
                      X