• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    Assume everyone else has gone to bed! Jeeeez we need to jointly bombard twitter....bloody phone hacking, apn affects thousands of people's futures!!!
    What's the Twitter handle? I'll join....
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
      What's the Twitter handle? I'll join....
      #bbcqt

Comment

I'm starting to agree with brillos strategy, batman outfits might be only way to get voices heard!

Cojak assume brillos offline at moment? If so for how long...?
        Last edited by smalldog; 26 June 2014, 22:43.

Comment

I'm starting to agree with brillos strategy, batman outfits might be only way to get voices heard!

Check out this guy on Twitter (regarding a pathetic Question Time interview with Ian Duncan Smith) and you'll understand why our plight will never be heard on the BBC:

https://twitter.com/chunkymark/statu...33295924248576
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Unfortunately I went through all this with f4j. In f4j, with a very clear cut case, we got sandbagged by the media at every turn :-

Angry fathers attack 'biased' Bruce | Society | The Observer
            O'Connor said he agreed to take part in the programme after being told it would be about the family courts and the role Cafcass, of the children's guardian service, only to find himself questioned about domestic violence.

The issue is trying to get the retrospection heard - without all the other stuff that can be used against us.

I am now thinking very hard about Tiger TV after my chat with the director the other day. I want to discuss this with Tiger TV first - just waiting to get an email from them.

Comment

CTDs

So CTDs were useless then, brought 6 years ago to stop interest accruing, if i use them to pay the APNs then do i become liable for interest for the 6 years after i've surrendered them, or will they apply retrospectively against the interest?

Have they never seen back to the future?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                The issue is trying to get the retrospection heard - without all the other stuff that can be used against us.
                The only way to achieve that would be to produce our own documentary and put it on the many streaming platforms out there. That's not something unrealistic, and if done professionally, could have some impact.

The TV production co. will have you by the balls as they control the final edit.
                So, that Tiger TV thing remains a very risk path IMO. It's a well know fact that any video can be edited to make it say whatever they like, regardless of the source material...

Comment

Originally posted by orientalist View Post
                  So CTDs were useless then, brought 6 years ago to stop interest accruing, if i use them to pay the APNs then do i become liable for interest for the 6 years after i've surrendered them, or will they apply retrospectively against the interest?

Have they never seen back to the future?
                  Time travel paradoxes galore!!
                  Probably no one at HMRC has given any any of these any serious thought - they just will wait and "see what happens"....

Comment

[QUOTE "see what happens"....[/QUOTE]

and if you dont like it .. change it ...again

Comment

I have just sent the fololowing email :-

Hi Tiger TV,

Thanks for your interest in me. I have decided not to take any further part in the program. I will list my reasons below - some of which are quite irrelevant to you and some may provide useful feedback for the future.

1. The director clearly does not understand retrospection. The car speeding example, the fact that retrospection is illegal and Cameron's attack the Indian government when proposing retrospection on Vodafone went over his head. My only real concern with HMRC is retrospection and their actions in justifying it.
                      2. The director told me about 10 times that our treatment would be sympathetic. The first twice I believed him. At 7 times I did not.
                      3. The director said there would not be a hatchet job on HMRC. They would be portrayed fairly. In this case both mean the same thing.
                      4. Benefit street. People told they would be treated sympathetically then knifed in the back.
                      5. The programme will make no different to our case. We are totally f**ked.
                      6. I never wanted to get involved in the programme. I felt I ought to. But I did my bit in f4j. I am not getting sucked back in.
                      7. Tiger TV should someone whose case is not as clear cut as mine. I am going bankrupt. You should get someone who will suffer severe hardship.
                      8. Those affected, the NTRT members and the NTRT committee have no idea what is going on and have treated me with contempt. I remember when the forum was just myself, then for a long while it was myself and DonkeyRhubarb. When I got a life ban (commuted to 2 years) no-one helped me - at the time I was on the NTRT committee. They claim to stand together - clearly it is everyone for themselves. I have been through very similar with f4j and know what works and what does not. Even in f4j very very few were active - I know as I was the co-ordinator. Most did nothing and held onto the coat tails of giants.
                      9. Taking part will affect my ability to spend time with my children - as discussed as man I have no rights to see my children and am reliant and the whim of my ex-wives. Their stance is protected by the secretive, North-Koeanesque, sexist family courts.
                      10. Taking part might be seen negatively by my employer who has been increadibly supportive.
                      11. Matt O'Connor and Fiona Bruce

All The very best for making your program.

BrilloPad

Comment

Working...
                      X