• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    If I was in a position of bankruptcy I would take the nuclear option and seriously consider liquidating pretty much all assets, or topping up my credit limits and F***ing off on a very long round the world holiday in the best hotels money can buy. Or if I had a family to support make sure the last few months before being made homeless we all had a bloody good time!!!! What have you to lose???? Rather that than HMRC getting their paws on it!
    Just waiting for the advisors to tell me when to press the detonate button.... and for my passport to arrive
    Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
    http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

If i have to live in a banana republic may as well find a warmer country
      Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
      http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
        Just waiting for the advisors to tell me when to press the detonate button.... and for my passport to arrive
        its amazing how expensive a 6 week holiday can cost during school holidays somewhere like disneyworld in a resort hotel with 1st class flights for everyone!!!! Oh and dont forget to treat the parents/in-laws, you need babysitters after all.

Comment

Be interesting how things pan out now. According to Gauke yesterday, he said it would take up to 18 months to issue APN's, so we are still in the waiting game. Having said that, I suppose once the list of schemes are released (eventually) at least the obvious will become reality and I can begin to decide which route I go down. Definitely would rather go bankrupt than let them get the money from any equity in my house, which would ultimately end up in me moving out anyway !!!!

I also heard that legal action can't really be undertaken until APN's arrive, not sure how true that is.

I had the opportunity to move to the USA back in 2002............damn I regret not choosing to do so now !!! Might tweet Gauke and see if he will lend me his time machine

Just going to continue to list my options (other than pay up) although it won't be much of a list !!

Anyway, we lost the battle yesterday, but the war almost certainly carries on and I for one, will be very much part of it
          STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
            They can only delay this not amend.
            Not quite, an amendment would go back to the House of Commons for it to be voted on again. The hoc would then either vote to accept or reject the amendment
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Not quite, an amendment would go back to the House of Commons for it to be voted on again. The hoc would then either vote to accept or reject the amendment
              Same thing then really
              STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I might be asking a rhetorical question, but whats the point of the HOL then if they have no teeth?

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                  its amazing how expensive a 6 week holiday can cost during school holidays somewhere like disneyworld in a resort hotel with 1st class flights for everyone!!!! Oh and dont forget to treat the parents/in-laws, you need babysitters after all.
                  Could always go to Vegas, put the whole lot on red. If your number comes up, everyone's a winner including HMRC. If not, everyone's a loser, including HMRC.

They did spend hours discussing gambling in the Finance Bill, so it's only "fair".
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    Could always go to Vegas, put the whole lot on red. If your number comes up, everyone's a winner including HMRC. If not, everyone's a loser, including HMRC.

They did spend hours discussing gambling in the Finance Bill, so it's only "fair".
                    Bankruptcy Offences — Leathes Prior
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Did Gauke lie to Parliament over consultation?

https://www.dotas-scandal.org/gauke-...n-the-process/

Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
                      X