• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I see some tweets have attracted a troll.

Best advice?

Try to explain just the once or ignore?
    Block him/her. It's easy, you only have to read what you want on Twitter.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Twitter troll

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      Block him/her. It's easy, you only have to read what you want on Twitter.
      But the bounder is copying in all the people our side has taken time to find to tweet.

Easy enough to block though - found that functionality.

Thanks for quick response
      Last edited by jeanvaljean; 17 June 2014, 15:06. Reason: spelling

Comment

Can't see troll!

Comment

But the boundah is copying in all the people our side has taken time to find to tweet.

Easy enough to block though - found that functionality.

Thanks for quick response
          You can never stop trolls. The tweeting was only worthwhile before and during the Finance Debate whilst our issues were being written into Hansard.

He/she can tweet to their heart's content.

PS: replying to them will give them unnecessary publicity.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I see some tweets have attracted a troll.

Best advice?

Try to explain just the once or ignore?
            What a sad little individual they must be. Best ignored.

Comment

Pre 2004

Anyone have any ideas how/when we can find out if pre 2004/no DOTAS are affected?

Comment

Twitter troll

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                What a sad little individual they must be. Best ignored.
                7 followers before blocking them so a big (s)hitter?

Comment

Originally posted by freedomFighter2014 View Post
                  So, MPs still don't know what they're voting for. There are so many outstanding questions that can't be answered. 'Democracy' - a big fallacy in the UK.
                  Indeed. My ex-mp was on the committee that approved this stuff in 2008. He told me verbally he had no idea. He wrote to ED Balls asking if he knew what was going on in 2008 - Ed never replied. Eventually my MP gave me the standard Gauke response.

Comment

ECHR now?

So, is it all doom and gloom now, or are we moving on to the next phase? Surely this is where the ECHR might actually consider bringing our case forward, if someone here is facing imminent bankruptcy, in the same way that they seem to hear cases within about 24 hours if someone is about to be deported & likely tortured, for example? I suppose this is the same. It certainly feels like it.

Comment

Originally posted by MishiMoo View Post
                      So, is it all doom and gloom now, or are we moving on to the next phase? Surely this is where the ECHR might actually consider bringing our case forward, if someone here is facing imminent bankruptcy, in the same way that they seem to hear cases within about 24 hours if someone is about to be deported & likely tortured, for example? I suppose this is the same. It certainly feels like it.
                      Don't fantasize too much...
                      To be able to engage the ECHR, you first need to have been directly and effectively affected already - that is, you must have the APN in your hands already.
                      At least that's how I understand it.

So,if anything,it's not the time yet.

But I don't believe in doom and gloom, and that's certainly not the end of it.

www.dotas-scandal.org
                      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
                      X