• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    It's likely the FTT will conjoin the cases like the Court of Appeal did with the judicial review.

You are basically right though that follower notices are of little concern to us.
    DR

Pls could you explain why follower notices are of little concern to those caught up in S58?
    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Have you shared them in this thread before, out of interest?
      Maybe these?

https://www.dotas-scandal.org/duplicity

It's public domain stuff.
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
        Maybe these?

Someone needs to take that guy out....

.... (for a beer)

I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
          Maybe these?

I mean really, what a **nt he really is. I'm sorry that's out of character but when you read it you realise just how two faced he and British politics really is

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
            I mean really, what a **nt he really is. I'm sorry that's out of character but when you read it you realise just how two faced he and British politics really is
            I remember how pleased we were when he got the Treasury. It seems a long time ago now. The man is truly despicable.

Comment

Originally posted by nojjer View Post
              DR

Pls could you explain why follower notices are of little concern to those caught up in S58?
              Thanks!
              The Huitson appeal is currently in the queue for the tax courts. If that reaches the end of the road and is lost then HMRC could issue the rest of us with follower notices.

However, our cases are not just similar to Huitson they are identical. Even without follower notices, HMRC could have applied to the FTT under the existing rule 18 to have all our cases linked to Huitson.

Follower notices will therefore have little effect on the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                I remember how pleased we were when he got the Treasury. It seems a long time ago now. The man is truly despicable.
                I bet people on CUK have changed their view on retrospection in the last few years - in both directions - even without political/financial motivation.

Did Gauke get in power and suddenly do an about-face or was there a gradual shift, akin to Anakin Skywalker turning bad in Star Wars?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I bet people on CUK have changed their view on retrospection in the last few years - in both directions - even without political/financial motivation.

Did Gauke get in power and suddenly do an about-face or was there a gradual shift, akin to Anakin Skywalker turning bad in Star Wars?
                  Yes, that's pretty much it. Now he seems to be going into overdrive in the opposite direction. Given the fact that he was so extreme in his condemnation, we thought at first it was because he was towing a party line, but in reality I think he'll just say anything to further his career. I heard him on Radio 5 Live recently bragging about the increased tax take, but when he was put under pressure about his tactics on avoidance I think he was starting to crack when the subject of its legality came up. He fell back on the 'they never worked' line. I'd like to hear him pressed about the ones that did.

Comment

As soon as he got elected.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                      Yes, that's pretty much it. Now he seems to be going into overdrive in the opposite direction. Given the fact that he was so extreme in his condemnation, we thought at first it was because he was towing a party line, but in reality I think he'll just say anything to further his career. I heard him on Radio 5 Live recently bragging about the increased tax take, but when he was put under pressure about his tactics on avoidance I think he was starting to crack when the subject of its legality came up. He fell back on the 'they never worked' line. I'd like to hear him pressed about the ones that did.
                      Anyone doing a bit of research into Gaukes background would see how the man is a hypocrite of the highest order. He worked in finance before joining the our illustrious political establishment.

David Gauke Worked for 'Tax Avoidance' Firm before Job at Treasury

David Gauke’s Wife is Tax Avoidance Lawyer - Guy Fawkes' blog
                      http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Working...
                      X