• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    If anyone isn't receiving them please let us know. The mailing list is extracted from the NTRT website each time so we will use whatever email address is currently set up in your member profile. If you change your email address then it will be sent to the new one.

One other thing to check if you don't receive anything is that your email account (Gmail, Hotmail) isn't filing them in the spam/junk folder.
    I have a new email - updated in the ntrt website - and it got sent to the old email. I have emailed the sender - Carl I think - was that right?

Comment

If we are swapping stories to pass the time I have moved jobs (I am a permie scum now) and I just got through a tax code of 0T. I immediately that that AB was picking on me again and went into a huge depression. Then I looked online and found 0T can mean that new employer has not submitted P45. Sure enough the new employer had messed it up.

A call to HMRC helpline to a really nice lady fixed it in 2 minutes. I won't reveal her name as I know she will be sent for retraining to make her nastier - probably working for the S58 team where they have let their personal hatred of WG overspill into wrecking 3000 lives.

And the next time NTRT visit AB could I go along please? I would love to put a face to a name.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I have a new email - updated in the ntrt website - and it got sent to the old email. I have emailed the sender - Carl I think - was that right?
        Normally they extract the list each time but maybe for some reason they didn't do this yesterday. I will flag this up.

Comment

Hi all

The problem stems from the fact that we keep members details, together with feedback from MPs on a separate spreadsheet. This sometimes becomes out of sync with the website database.

Apologies to anyone who didn't receive the email. I'll put it up on the website later today.

When I get some free time, I'll update members email addresses too.

Thanks and regards

Santa
          Last edited by SantaClaus; 6 August 2013, 09:41. Reason: Was an email, not newsletter
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Dear all,

I have put the latest email to members up on the NTRT members newsletters page.

Member’s Newsletters | No To Retrospective Taxation

It's not a newsletter but simply a request to members, which we hope you will all respond to.

Many thanks

Santa
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I was soooo bored of lack of anything on this thread that I -ve repped helen7 and +ve repped all those around her. She is now bottom of the rep table and so low that she is in a class of her own.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I was soooo bored of lack of anything on this thread that I -ve repped helen7 and +ve repped all those around her. She is now bottom of the rep table and so low that she is in a class of her own.....
                The devil makes work for idle hands.

Comment

Might be of interest: Tax dodging? It's harder to do - and rarer - than you think

Notably:
                  But these of course aren't the sort of schemes that are making the recent headlines. There's all those complex, completely legal Jimmy Carr-type schemes out there but they don't last long and don't, usually, save any tax either.

As soon as HMRC finds out about them (and they must be disclosed in advance now), they close them down, pass a nice bit of retroactive legislation and everyone has to cough up the tax and still lose the fees they paid to the scheme promoters. Shame, eh?
                  What struck me is that this article takes it as perfectly normal - the done thing - that retrospective legislation is applied.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Not sure if this is relevant but an accountant who recommended a Montpelier avoidance scheme has been ordered to pay the former client £1 million Accountant to pay £1m in Mehjoo case | AccountingWEB
                    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                      Not sure if this is relevant but an accountant who recommended a Montpelier avoidance scheme has been ordered to pay the former client £1 million Accountant to pay £1m in Mehjoo case | AccountingWEB
                      The issue was that there was a far more suitable, and obvious, form of tax planning that the accountant failed to mention.

Comment

Working...
                      X