• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
    I bet all of the large IT providers are rubbing their hands together.

Getting rid of those pesky £500/day contractors experts.
    Move over! You ain't seen nothing yet.

Make way for the £900/day mediocre Big 5 consultants, and watch how many more Govt project budgets balloon out of control.
    Good point, well made.

Comment

Response

I just met my Tory MP canvassing for tonights local elections. I approached and asked if he remembered me from our meeting a couple of weeks ago, he didn't.

I reminded him of the subject and the letter that he sent me, and he did eventually recall it, whereby he said what a pity there was no more that he or they could do.

I informed him of the campaign and would be sending him the link, I also informed him of the false statement as to HMRC informing us that the scheme did not work, along with criticising Gauke's u-turn.

His response was times have and the economic climate have changed, basically he don't care and I presume most of them don't !

Comment

Originally posted by mrkitchen View Post
        I just met my Tory MP canvassing for tonights local elections. I approached and asked if he remembered me from our meeting a couple of weeks ago, he didn't.

I reminded him of the subject and the letter that he sent me, and he did eventually recall it, whereby he said what a pity there was no more that he or they could do.

I informed him of the campaign and would be sending him the link, I also informed him of the false statement as to HMRC informing us that the scheme did not work, along with criticising Gauke's u-turn.

His response was times have and the economic climate have changed, basically he don't care and I presume most of them don't !
        I hope you told him that he's a tw*t!
        Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
          Good point, well made.
          and apparently the above board Osborne will then be shocked to find out the £900 per day big 5 consultant firm contractors have a golden ticket for the public and private sector managerial heads who sign the contracts. "sign this and we'll get you 1st class flights, lots of expenses and other incentives etc.". Do the general public really know how that sh*t works?

Of course the golden tickets wont be tangible enough to appear on a self assessment return but as we all know they exist, in spades!!!

IS OSborne really one of those naive W***kers who could never get a real job in the private sector, or rather and probably in all reailty are pretenders trying to protect the sometimes thick electorate who think they are trying to stamp it all out, F*** me!!!! its a realllll nasty business trying to get the lambert and butler benefits vote :-(
          Last edited by smalldog; 3 May 2012, 19:52.

Comment

CN 2008

A lurking friend of mine received a CN 2008 on 27 Apr 2012 from Hector, but the letter was dated 20 Apr 2012.

The letter also said that MontP had also been contacted, however when he rang MontP today, they knew or had received nothing.

Who would have thought it?
            Ninja

Comment

Ask him: Is it acceptable for Parliament to be misled when tax is involved?
              There's an elephant wondering around here...

Comment

CN 2008

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
                A lurking friend of mine received a CN 2008 on 27 Apr 2012 from Hector, but the letter was dated 20 Apr 2012.

The letter also said that MontP had also been contacted, however when he rang MontP today, they knew or had received nothing.

Who would have thought it?
                What does the "2008" indicate - does it mean that it was a closure notice for tax year 07/08? Or is any CN called CN 2008?
                Join the campaign at
                http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

I would start with showing him K005, (email after Jane Kennedy had seen JCHR impact assessment)

here is an extract

I remember the debate and was content that, having questioned officials closely on the impact of this proposal, very few would be affected, certainly not in the way that your attachment is suggesting. I would strongly advise those who are affected to write, giving their name and address, to their MPs or, if they are Isle of Man residents, write directly to Stephen Timms MP, at the Treasury. They will only get a reply from the Minister if they write via an MP.
                  Each case should be looked at again by HMRC to check that the outcome is in line with the policy intention.
                  This is why we need our MPs to do something.

Comment

[QUOTE=mrkitchen;1538724]I just met my Tory MP canvassing for tonights local elections. I approached and asked if he remembered me from our meeting a couple of weeks ago, he didn't.

His response was times have and the economic climate have changed, basically he don't care and I presume most of them don't ![/QUOTE

Economic times have changed! ? So HMRC just need to wait until a recession hits and the they can call in the money they think they are owed? What a waste of space.

He needs reminding his obligation is to represent you, not the Tory line. That's his job.
                    Last edited by PlaneSailing; 3 May 2012, 21:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Dieselpower View Post
                      What does the "2008" indicate - does it mean that it was a closure notice for tax year 07/08? Or is any CN called CN 2008?
                      Closure Notice for 2007/08.

Apologies, I should have made it clearer.
                      Ninja

Comment

Working...
                      X