• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    Hey Taf sounds like a great idea, Im also happy to do a SO so can someone PM me account details. How about we start with £100 per month maybe?
    Interesting - That's the figure I had in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by TAF4 View Post
      Interesting - That's the figure I had in mind.
      Me too - seems about right at the moment?

Comment

Donations by Standing Order

We've had quite a lot of interest in this and will be sending out an email with bank details to all members next week.

Many thanks for your continued support. We couldn't do this without your generosity.

DR

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          We've had quite a lot of interest in this and will be sending out an email with bank details to all members next week.

Many thanks for your continued support. We couldn't do this without your generosity.

DR
          DR I think it us that should be grateful, without ntrt I dread to think where we would all be. Keep up the good work.

Ps if we have any cash left over after all this we can put it towards our we've won party! I live in hope we will get to that point one day. Either way it's a good investment.

Comment

Hi all

We've added a couple more documents underneath the latest newsletter on this page:
            Member’s Newsletters | No To Retrospective Taxation

They are:
            • Results of the S58 Impact Assessment/Member survey.
            • An executive summary of the briefing presented to MPs at Westminster.

Regards

Santa
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Latest documents and donations

These latest two documents are amazing. When you see it all clearly and logically presented like this, coupled with the personal quotations from the impact assessment, the case for our fight is simply compelling.

Count me in for a regular donation - £100 sounds money well spent.

A big thank you to Santa and all the others at NTRT for their tireless efforts.

Comment

i heard this ...

a rumour that Huitson has been called to a first tier tax tribunal ...timing rumoured to be in mid 2014 ...

if true .. this means we can sit back for a while longer then ?

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
                  a rumour that Huitson has been called to a first tier tax tribunal ...timing rumoured to be in mid 2014 ...

if true .. this means we can sit back for a while longer then ?
                  We are aware of an FTT for another (non-MontP) person trying to be scheduled for this year. The newsletter gives more info on that.
                  Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                  "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
                    We are aware of an FTT for another (non-MontP) person trying to be scheduled for this year. The newsletter gives more info on that.
                    We won't get tarred with the same brush if it goes south for him will we?... Is this another HMRC sneaking in the backdoor tactic?
                    Hope he's receiving the same level of support as we have thus far.
                    Let the financial healing commence

Comment

Apologies and thanks

Hi all

been travelling for the last while and out of contract for the same obviously.

Have finally joined up on the NTRT site, so first I would like to apologise to all those who have been working hard behind the scenes here for me taking so long to sign up and contribute.

And secondly, huge thanks to all those same who have set this up

First contribution made, and more when i get funds coming in

cheers
                      RockTheBoat

PS: havent seen my password come through yet from the site, so can someone have a look see and send it thru thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X