• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rhydd View Post
    I love the guy that says "well set the dogs on you", F ME!!! what is it victorian times still?!!!! what a Cock.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
      I am not sure which of the many tax office addresses I should write to. Also do we have any details of the tax payers who have set this excellent precedent ? I would have thought our best chance of getting the first year's bill conceded would be if we quote the precedent.
      I would write to the office which issued the Closure Notice for that tax year.

I don't have any details of the taxpayers and Montpelier can't disclose this.

Comment

brilliant

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
        I love the guy that says "well set the dogs on you", F ME!!! what is it victorian times still?!!!! what a Cock.
        WOOF WOOF........nearly spat my lunch out

Comment

It's all gone quiet

Are we all still alive and fighting the cause?

I'm still awaiting on my MP replying to my latest letter writing but expect nothing more than the usual Gauke response.

Comment

Originally posted by funjim View Post
            WOOF WOOF........nearly spat my lunch out
            It is clear what we are up against... they do not give a damn about anything, do they?

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post

I'm still awaiting on my MP replying to my latest letter writing but expect nothing more than the usual Gauke response.
              I am also waiting on my MP to get a response from Ed Balls.

Of course we are also waiting for the next move from HMRC. In my book the longer the wait the better as I have no dosh. I know others disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
                Very much so. There are no towels being thrown in round here. The Govt is again in recess for the party conference season which slows things down at that end. However, dates are being booked to meet with more MPs when they return. An initial response to the HMRC complaint will be due soon.

I'd like to say we were invited to Hartnett's retirement bash but sadly the invite must have got lost in the HMRC mailing department. They probably couldn't work out which tax office to send it from.
                Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
                  Very much so. There are no towels being thrown in round here. The Govt is again in recess for the party conference season which slows things down at that end. However, dates are being booked to meet with more MPs when they return. An initial response to the HMRC complaint will be due soon.

I'd like to say we were invited to Hartnett's retirement bash but sadly the invite must have got lost in the HMRC mailing department. They probably couldn't work out which tax office to send it from.
                  Dont worry all the retrospective invites are in the post

Comment

Originally posted by Rhydd View Post
                    Love it! It made my day.

Judging by their upper crust accents, we are clearly dealing with the "establishment" here.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

When is Brannigan's retirement do?

Comment

Working...
                      X