• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    We accept all major credit/debit cards.
    Excellent work DR !!

Basher is in and money has been donated.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Darko View Post
      Why aren't any of the scheme promoters supporting the campaign?

Even if they won't give a donation surely they could inform all the users about the website.

They have the ability to transform the campaign by endorsing it. Personally I'm sick of hearing them tell us that the courts are the answer.

Perhaps we should be lobbying them as well as MPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Quite right.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Promoters

Watch this space. I believe one of them is sending something out this week...
        Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
        "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Darko View Post
          Why aren't any of the scheme promoters supporting the campaign?

Even if they won't give a donation surely they could inform all the users about the website.

They have the ability to transform the campaign by endorsing it. Personally I'm sick of hearing them tell us that the courts are the answer.

Perhaps we should be lobbying them as well as MPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Quite right.
          I suspect that if they were supporting it they would not be shouting about it. Not that I know what is going on.

Comment

Sound familiar ?

BBC News | BUSINESS | IR35 tax challenge fails

The UK's Conservative Party has pledged to abolish the controversial IR35 tax if it wins the next election.
            More conservative promises before they got elected, aparently they are beefing up the IR35Compliance team with more Compliance Officers.
            SAY NO TO RETROSPECTIVE TAX

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
              Watch this space. I believe one of them is sending something out this week...
              Hoorah!

Comment

The Taxpayer's Alliance

I don't know whether they would take our side, but have we ever tried to get support of the Taxpayer's Alliance?

The TaxPayers' Alliance | Britain's non-partisan, grassroots campaign for lower taxes and better government

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
                  Is it worth asking the PCG to include a link to the website in the next newsletter? (since I am sure many members of the PCG were in the scheme).

Also, maybe CUK will include it as a headline in the next newsletter?
                  Had email/newsletter from ContractUk and they have a link to NTRT.

We are starting to get noticed.

Comment

BarCapBoyz?

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post
                    Had email/newsletter from ContractUk and they have a link to NTRT.

We are starting to get noticed.
                    Has anyone mailed <mod snip: No Outing!! > at Barcap and told him about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhydd View Post
                      I don't know whether they would take our side, but have we ever tried to get support of the Taxpayer's Alliance?

The TaxPayers' Alliance | Britain's non-partisan, grassroots campaign for lower taxes and better government
                      We'd be better off using some of the fund to take Hartnett out to lunch. Works wonders apparently!

Comment

Working...
                      X