• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    David Gauke (1)

- Conservative Member of Parliament.
    - Almost certainly still believes the same as he did in 2008.

David Gauke (2)

- Minister.
    - Indistinguishable in policy from Jane Kennedy and Stephen Timms.
    He didn't sound at all comfortable last Tuesday, replying to Nigel Mills. It's doubtful whether he would have passed a polygraph test.

Comment

Originally posted by Disgusted of Coventry View Post
      He didn't sound at all comfortable last Tuesday, replying to Nigel Mills. It's doubtful whether he would have passed a polygraph test.
      DoC... do you think many politicians would ?
      MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
        Polygraphs are easy to pass if you are sneaky - and these politicans are like a snake smothered in baby oil.

Comment

If David Gauke the Minister is not saying what David Gauke the MP believes, then who is he speaking for?

The answer probably lies somewhere on this Org Chart.

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/d/hmt_orgchart.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
            "Yes" .... beep beep

Comment

Originally posted by Disgusted of Coventry View Post
              A couple of constituents have met Gauke and he trotted out the usual guff but there was no real conviction behind what he was saying.

He did say to one constituent that this "wasn't HMRC's finest hour".

Comment

Originally posted by marcuss View Post
                Hmmmm, so where is the 'Moral High Ground' as the dear leader DC goes on about????
                ... any why different rules for different groups of people (eg Gary Barlow, Jimmy Carr, Barclays etc)?

We all know the answer (incompetency, perhaps) but it is literally killing us!
                No the answer is because different people/groups/entities are a)covered by different specific laws b)employing differing schemes.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

BBC Parliament

Today 15:30

Live coverage of the day's proceedings in the House of Commons, including the report stage of the Finance Bill.

I shall be watching to see what comes up.

Edit:
                  Looking at the agenda, discussions don't commence on the finance bill until 19:00 starting with fuel duty.
                  Last edited by WelshRarebit; 2 July 2012, 12:38. Reason: Further details

Comment

Originally posted by WelshRarebit View Post
                    Today 15:30

Live coverage of the day's proceedings in the House of Commons, including the report stage of the Finance Bill.

I shall be watching to see what comes up.

Edit:
                    Looking at the agenda, discussions don't commence on the finance bill until 19:00 starting with fuel duty.
                    I think there is only a slim chance that S58 will come up, so I wouldn't waste your time listening to them droning on for hours.

An update will be provided in the NTRT/Whitehouse newsletter which will be sent out later in the week.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      I think there is only a slim chance that S58 will come up, so I wouldn't waste your time listening to them droning on for hours.

An update will be provided in the NTRT/Whitehouse newsletter which will be sent out later in the week.
                      However, do tune in if you want to hear them talk about chip fat for an hour

Comment

Working...
                      X