• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You make it sound like they have a plan.
    When you put it like that, it does sound stupid doesn't it.

One of the goons who testified at the JR said he was the Project Manager for the investigation of the scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      When you put it like that, it does sound stupid doesn't it.

One of the goons who testified at the JR said he was the Project Manager for the investigation of the scheme.
      ...and we have all experienced 'those types' of Project Managers in one way or another...
      MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        The bottom line is we need more people writing to their MPs. At the moment I'm guessing only a hundred or so have done so.

We are working behind the scenes to get the message out there.
        finally have a reply to my contact to mark prisk from his assistant who says he will be responding to my email asap - will continue to chase and arrange a face to face with him..

Comment

HMRC's responses to FOI requests

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
          [HMRC's] responses to the FOI requests are simply staggering.
          I would describe it as 'abusive avoidance'.

Comment

Originally posted by Disgusted of Coventry View Post
            Aggressive avoidance even

Comment

Originally posted by Disgusted of Coventry View Post
              and morally repugnant

Comment

No To Retro Tax Campaign

Have signed up too. A very good site with an incredible library - plenty ammunition for talks with MPs. It's good to see a second front being opened up - this should give Hector some cause for concern.

Comment

Is it worth asking the PCG to include a link to the website in the next newsletter? (since I am sure many members of the PCG were in the scheme).

Also, maybe CUK will include it as a headline in the next newsletter?

Comment

does make me laugh, HMRC think we intentionally flouted 1987 legislation. I had no clue about any Padmore or 1987 legislation, they make it sound like we are all bloody experts in legislation, what a loads of c*ck

Comment

Just curious as to why there hasn't been a downing street petition set up? Even if you don't get the required numbers for it to be brought up it would add authenticity to the campaign IMHO

Comment

Working...
                      X