• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message to non-members

If, for whatever reason, the £200 minimum donation is an obstacle to you joining NTRT, please send us a message through the website:

Contact Us | No To Retrospective Taxation

Thanks
    DR

ps. we have just taken an extract of email addresses from the website for this month's newsletter but I will ensure that anyone who joins over the next week or so will still receive a copy
    Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 29 June 2012, 13:34.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidVsGoliath View Post
      I have only recently been made aware of the NTRT campaign. I have joined you just now and made the £200 donation. I think most people would not have an issue with paying £200, but for many especialy in these times it might be a substantial sum to fork out for an unknown outcome. On the other hand what's to be lost if the prospect for doing nothing at all is a liability of dozens of thousands? .. we can only win.

Personally, I think you should be giving people the possibility to donate as little as they might be willing to - they can always donate more later. Even I would be happy to send over additonal funds as the campaign proceeds. Having paid £200 I would have no issue with people paying less as I personally think I have paid for a good cause. We have been treated like criminals - but all we have done is obeyed the law. Nobody else can tell me otherwise.

Personally I would like to thank the NTRT team for their work so far - and please keep up your passion and enthusiasm.
      Thank you, and welcome to our growing army.

Comment

No issue from me with people paying less, we must recognise that circumstance may mean even people who could have paid at some point may be in a different position due to being on the bench or illness.

Regards
        Fred

Comment

no problem for me

I too don't have a problem if the minimum donation was reduced.

£50 seems a reasonable sum but I totally understand that some people might not be able to.

It doesn't cost anything to send an email to our MPs so hopefully members or not people are doing what they can.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
            I too don't have a problem if the minimum donation was reduced.

£50 seems a reasonable sum but I totally understand that some people might not be able to.

It doesn't cost anything to send an email to our MPs so hopefully members or not people are doing what they can.
            For me it would be donate what you can if you believe in the fight for justice, DR has put out a reasonable post & thread header asking those that can't afford the £200 to PM NTRT.

People if you can't afford it for god sake don't feel embarrassed, we are all in this together... just make contact and join the campaign, Together we will stand provided there are enough of us.

Lets stand for our rights and tackle the school boy bully tactics.....
            Last edited by moira under the stairs; 29 June 2012, 14:34.
            MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Another MP meeting...

Met with my MP Greg Barker today.

Seems a nice chap and it was a positive meeting on the whole. Whilst he said the avoidance scheme in question was unfair to ordinary tax payers he agreed that the retrospective legislation was unfair in principle, especially if it was passed through without proper process.

As a government minster he apparently can't provide any more support than acting as a conduit for communication with Gauke, but I suppose that's better than nothing.

Comment

£200 is a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things

I've now decided to join the forum. This is my first post.

I have been lurking for some time since joining the NTRT campaign following the letter from Montp. Up to receiving the letter I had been unaware of the campaign and was literally feeling alone with my head in the sand not quite able to believe what was happening and hoping it would all eventually go away.

As a member of the campaign, instead of feeling impotent to change the status quo, I now feel part of a collective band of brothers (and sisters) with a voice. I feel as though we can achieve something. In my opinion, the £200 was the best £200 I have spent in a long long while and will gladly give more when I can or if it is needed. Yes, money is tight but the NTRT campaign is now my top priority so i will make funds available. If at the end of the day it all comes to nothing I will at least have gone down fighting.

I appreciate others are not in the same position but would urge you to join up and donate what you can. The option is there via DR. We all have to be in this together. Nothing great was ever achieved by standing on the sidelines.

I have to say, whoever first had that lightbulb moment; that eureka moment that gave birth to NTRT you have my utmost gratitude. I'd also like to thank DR, TSBT et al, the whole NTRT team and Whitehouse. Without your efforts we wouldn't be where we are today.

I too was very daunted about engaging with my MP but with the help of the toolkit plucked up the courage for the face to face meeting. I was so surprised at the response, he was incredibly supportive.

I'm in it for the long haul, my lurking days are over.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshRarebit View Post

I have been lurking for some time since joining the NTRT campaign following the letter from Montp. Up to receiving the letter I had been unaware of the campaign and was literally feeling alone with my head in the sand not quite able to believe what was happening and hoping it would all eventually go away.

As a member of the campaign, instead of feeling impotent to change the status quo, I now feel part of a collective band of brothers (and sisters) with a voice. I feel as though we can achieve something. In my opinion, the £200 was the best £200 I have spent in a long long while and will gladly give more when I can or if it is needed. Yes, money is tight but the NTRT campaign is now my top priority so i will make funds available. If at the end of the day it all comes to nothing I will at least have gone down fighting.

I appreciate others are not in the same position but would urge you to join up and donate what you can. The option is there via DR. We all have to be in this together. Nothing great was ever achieved by standing on the sidelines.

I have to say, whoever first had that lightbulb moment; that eureka moment that gave birth to NTRT you have my utmost gratitude. I'd also like to thank DR, TSBT et al, the whole NTRT team and Whitehouse. Without your efforts we wouldn't be where we are today.

I too was very daunted about engaging with my MP but with the help of the toolkit plucked up the courage for the face to face meeting. I was so surprised at the response, he was incredibly supportive.

Welcome onboard.

No one need feel they are alone on this issue - there are a lot of us in the same position. And the more that join, the more strength we have to fight our corner. The above story demonstrates why everyone who used the DTA scheme should join.

MPs are generally friendly and almost all of them that we have been in touch with have been supportive. Don't forget that MPs are victims here too - they were led up the garden path in 2008. The more non-answers that The Treasury give, the more it looks that they have something to hide.

Personally, I think it is an absolute disgrace that our government are behaving in this way. How dare the government talk about fairness or moral virtue when they have put out information on this scheme that is patently untrue. They are living in a house of cards and NTRT will keep pushing.

To anyone reading this that hasn’t joined yet, we’re safer together than we are apart. We’re working on something more that will turn the tables somewhat – don’t miss out, join now.
                  There's an elephant wondering around here...

Comment

Originally posted by WelshRarebit View Post

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining/donating.

We had been toying with the idea of a lobbying campaign for a long time but it was our Chairman who was the main impetus. Without him this would never have happened.

Even I need a kick up the backside sometimes.

Comment

I would have no problem with the £200 being reduced but like others think there should be some fee at least, perhaps £50 is the right amount. In comparison to what you will lose if we lose, £50 is barely worth a mention. Plus if we do lose it is £50 that the thieving scum will not get from you, which has to be a comforting thought!

Comment

Working...
                      X