• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email

Also got email off. Have contacted another passive user and urged him to do likewise.

Comment

Pre.padmore

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Padmore was never mentioned before 2008.

Enquiries 2003 to 2006 were just fishing.

In 2006 they came up with Archer Shee/s.739, which they knew would never fly.
      So any closure of enquiries based on failed pre-padmore argument - possible via an independent enquiry to a special tax commissioner - would apply to us all. And some users received such closure prior to 2006. christ - what a mess. Why is Gauke so resolute we wonder?

Comment

Another one sent

E-mail to Nick Hurd sent.

Comment

And another one

Originally posted by WavesAtPlay View Post
          E-mail to Nick Hurd sent.
          Sent + 4 troops rallied.

Comment

My MP has updated to say he didn't manage to catch up with Gauke last night but will speak to him this morning and also put the request in writing. Good that he's trying to collar him face to face I think.

Comment

done

done and nudged some folks I sucked into MTM for the finders fee ...

Comment

Emailed my MP and he is making further representations on my behalf to the "Minister responsible at the Treasury".

Keep up the good work everyone!
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Email sent to my Tory MP Simon Hart

Comment

Emailed my MP Mike Weatherley

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                      There's nothing to stop friends and relatives of those affected writing to their MPs too.

As ASB has shown, there are plenty people out there who aren't affected but feel strongly or are sympathetic about this issue.
                      Agreed, I've rallied 20+ people unaffected by S58 who have been writing to (and meeting) their MP's on our behalf.... Sent coipes of the latest letter yesterday and many have already confirmed they've fired off copies to their MP

Comment

Working...
                      X