• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Billing Invoice vs own invoice accountant won't accept my own invoice ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post

Could you fail that test if you use self billing (ie, the agency raises an invoice to themselves on your behalf and sends you a copy)? If so, then I'm telling the agency they aren't using self billing any more....
    The two systems I've used I actually raised the invoices on the company/agent software. In doing so I was able to put in my own invoice number there as theirs was auto-generated.

I think the real reason for self-billing is to stop the fluctuations in invoice styles. I have had more than one agent send out example invoices to all contractors on site due to things like "Company Number" being missing on some contractors invoices.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I guess you can create your own invoices while on self billing, but I find invoices long winded and you end up with masses of documents that contain only a few bytes of useful information each.

The way I deal with it is by keeping a simple spreadsheet with one row per billing period (eg, weekly or monthly) showing the period start/end date, the days worked and the date the timesheets were submitted. When the invoice is paid, I enter the payment date into the spreadsheet and the spreadsheet can highlight late or wrong payments. Pretty simple really and it can easily display several hundred invoices on one page...
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
      X