• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Credit Card or not.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dynamicsaxcontractor View Post
    Yes as the important payments to my accound and the direct debits out of it will be drowned in expense lines. One payment out for the expenses per month is far better than 10-100 transactions per month.
    What does that matter? It is reconciled at the end of the year so as long as the numbers match.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You can also burn the CC when you phoenix the company...

Comment

Surely the point of asking about the credit limit for a company credit card is for when you have circa 5-10k expenses per month on flights, hotels and trains etc. If the card has a £500 limit then you're pretty much screwed if you want to buy a £750 flight.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Eh? You have no money in the Comapny account? Why would you need credit? If that is the state of your companies finances I would think which card to use is the least of your worries.
          I have a low limit on my company credit card.

However the times I've been abroad and looked into raising it I realised that the company would save money if it's employee used her personal credit cards and then expensed it back to the company.

Simply due to the exchange rate and handling fee on the company credit card being a lot worse than the personal cards.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            Surely the point of asking about the credit limit for a company credit card is for when you have circa 5-10k expenses per month on flights, hotels and trains etc. If the card has a £500 limit then you're pretty much screwed if you want to buy a £750 flight.
            If you are spending that much then I'd put it on my personal card for the following reasons:

1. Cashback/miles/points/whatever excites you
            2. Better exchange rate on foreign transactions
            3. Protection under the consumer credit act
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
              Seriously? Its a business bank account for a business it is exactly how most businesses have done things with any problems!
              I doubt it - so I should keep 5K in the current account for buying flights, hotels, meals etc when I can just put it on a credit card and pay the lot in one transaction in the end of the month?

Comment

I doubt it - so I should keep 5K in the current account for buying flights, hotels, meals etc when I can just put it on a credit card and pay the lot in one transaction in the end of the month?
                Blimey, I am lost with this. You don't have make things complicated for yourself.

Comment

Blimey, I am lost with this. You don't have make things complicated for yourself.
                  I am lost with this one as well, what are you trying to prove?

Comment

I am lost with this one as well, what are you trying to prove?
                    Nothing just trying to answer your question when I don't understand the situation.

Comment

Nothing just trying to answer your question when I don't understand the situation.
                      I tried to find out what kind of credit limits people are having in their company credit cards. As mine is too low I have to put my exes on my personal card, and I prefer to not put it on the company debot card for various reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X