• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ambiguity over daily and hourly rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChuckMcquillan View Post
    The issue now is the fact that the hourly rate doesn't tally to the daily rate.
    You need to speak to the agent.
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Is this a temp job or is it a contract for a short period of work. There is a world of difference.
      Would be interested to hear more about this - how would the difference(s) between contract and temp affect me in relation to my current issue?

Comment

Would be interested to hear more about this - how would the difference(s) between contract and temp affect me in relation to my current issue?
        It doesn't.

Speak to the agent.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ok I've spoken to the agent and he's re-worded it to the correct hourly rate. Thanks all for your help. Now have to hope all is well with JSA umbrella.

Comment

Thanks all for your help. Now have to hope all is well with JSA umbrella.
            Job Seekers Allowance????

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              You get paid for the work you do. If you work through your lunch break, then you get paid for it. If not, then you don't.
              No you don't, you get paid for what the contract says you get paid for. If it says you get paid lunch hours then you get paid lunch hours, if not not. If it is silent on the issue then you get paid lunch hours

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                last few for me have been 35, 37 and now 37.5 with 37.5 being the most common. When I go for roles in Switzerland I find they're almost always 40hr/week so you can never assume.
                So you agree with me, 37.5 is most common.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  So you agree with me, 37.5 is most common.
                  Yup but also I was saying it's not safe to assume that.

Comment

Ok I've spoken to the agent and he's re-worded it to the correct hourly rate. Thanks all for your help. Now have to hope all is well with JSA umbrella.
                    Bad name for a brolly co!!
                    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
                    X