• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoking the substitution clause

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I think you have found a square peg and are desperately trying to stuff it in to a round hole.
    Nice analogy
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I wondered that point exactly - why would you want to show the client that they could be saving considerably by keeping the girl in your place and you on the street?
      Fair point. Well, they can have her! It's a day a week for me so wouldn't be the end of the world.

Otherwise, thanks all. Opinions sought and received. And I'm glad I've done my bit for society by winding northernladuk up

I said the client was flexible but I haven't actually proposed my choice of candidate yet. They may well baulk at it. In which case, there's not a whole lot else I'm willling to do to help them out - they can find their own sub.

Comment

Originally posted by maui50 View Post
        I said the client was flexible but I haven't actually proposed my choice of candidate yet. They may well baulk at it. In which case, there's not a whole lot else I'm willling to do to help them out - they can find their own sub.
        The problem is you could open a can of worms here. If your client refuses your sub against the terms of your contract you have proved the working practice does not match you contract and you have an IR 35 issue.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X