• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Director And Share Certificate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Director And Share Certificate

If you are a director and want to resign, I know you have to fill in forms and send to company house but do you also need to send in the share certificate ?

I ask because Im selling a leasehold flat I own, Im due to exchange tomorrow, but cant find the share certficate for me and the residents assosiation, I'm sure we had one, cant find it now, was wondering if I could of possibly sent it in to companies house when resigning as director, even though I was resigning as a director I still should of had one share in the residents association. Cant remeber though gggrrrrrr
    Last edited by Ivor1; 15 May 2006, 10:44.

Originally posted by Ivor1
    If you are a director and want to resign, I know you have to fill in forms and send to company house but do you also need to send in the share certificate ?
    No, as the two are not related. You're not a director of every company you own shares in are you?
    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Cheers

Thought that was the case, just cant work out where the certificate has gone. Its either got lost between mortgage companies when sending the paper work, or my original solicitor never changed it. For the sake of a one £1 share certficate I am now not able to exchange grrrrr
      Last edited by Ivor1; 15 May 2006, 11:48.

Comment

Shares

You could fill in a stock transfer form and give this to the new resident....then ask the company secretary to issue a new share cert to the new guy as well.

If you need a share transfer form, drop me an email.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@1stAccountancyServ
          You could fill in a stock transfer form and give this to the new resident....then ask the company secretary to issue a new share cert to the new guy as well.

If you need a share transfer form, drop me an email.
          Thanks Darren.

My solicitor says she has the previous owners certificate together with a signed stock transfer to me. The company sec isnt contactable till tomorrow , as long as Ive got these docs should that be enough to re-issue a certificate ? Can the company secrety just print a new one out there or then or is there a more official process that needs to be followed ?

My solicitor should of spotted this weeks ago

Comment

Working...
          X