• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Director's PAYE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's not an employee (she has her own ebay venture!).

Mouth washed...
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
      She's not an employee
      You've missed a trick there - if you had paid her a small wage (just above the NIC threshold), it would probably have a zero net cost between your company and her, but she'd get SMP from your company, which you'd have been able to reclaim plus SMP compensation - the last one I did came to well over £1,000. Though she can probably claim a smaller amount via her self employment if she earns enough as has been paying NIC.

Comment

Originally posted by WHA
        You've missed a trick there - if you had paid her a small wage (just above the NIC threshold), it would probably have a zero net cost between your company and her, but she'd get SMP from your company, which you'd have been able to reclaim plus SMP compensation - the last one I did came to well over £1,000. Though she can probably claim a smaller amount via her self employment if she earns enough as has been paying NIC.
        I really can't be bothered! I'm keeping things simple as possible so that they are:

a) manageable
        b) accurate
        c) least likely to fall down at a policy change.
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
        X