• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contractor rights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outcome

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
    thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read/reply.

The replies are nothing more than what I expected to be honest.

I have received a call from the agency this morning advising that I should take the matter further.

AWR regulations came into force in October 2011 which allow contractors rights just like a permanent member of staff.

To be clear 2 contractors were not bickering. 1 contractor was taking abuse and harrassment from another but couldn't say or do anything about it because of the others position within the industry.

But like all of these situation eventually you snap.

I did but not in a violent way. I chose to raise a complaint.

Having done so he raised a counter complaint with basically slandered my abilities and performance. Yet in the previous 18 months never once raised an issue.

The company refused me a meeting to discuss my complaint and instead issued 1 weeks notice.

Thus failing in their obligations to perm or contract staff.

I'm taking legal advice now so probably shouldn't discuss more on here.

Please let us know the outcome....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      What I also smell is a bit of hidden permie going on here looking at some of the terminology and your expectations of the client. You sure you are comfortable with your IR35 status?
      Oh yes indeed...and the fact the OP has been there 18 months too. That's a good run as far as I'm concerned.
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Well, perhaps you should have invited them out for a drink to resolve differences away from the work environment.

Then ensure you didn't turn up, but 3 of your mates did and kicked the living tulip out of them, which would be behaviour I couldn't condone.

Probably a bit more to it than that though...

Comment

What? You mean it isn't normal to draw male and female genitalia on people's notepads ? Maybe that's why I didn't last long as a team leader!

Seriously, if it's not just you, why will no others support your position?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
            I'm going to out of pocket to the tune of nearly £30K as a result of lost contract earnings.
            Why? Just go get another contract.

Comment

Working...
            X