• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Insurance

I'm taking out a business package insurance - Professional Indemnity, Public Liability, Employers Liability, Personal Accident and Directors & Officers Liability. One of the questions asked is: "Have you ever been declined insurance?".

Does this only refer to relevant insurances? Technically speaking the answer is yes, because our then house insure declined to renew our buildings insurance because of a misinterpretation of one of our answers to their questions on flooding in the area - some distance from our house a small stream once overflowed in our garden and they decided that was flooding and no amount of explanation would make them see sense. We got the necessary insurance easily elsewhere but I wondered if I should disclose this or not re the business insurance package - it's hardly relevant.

I'd definitely raise it with them, but it doesn't mean it will prevent you getting cover the future.

The trick is to get the quote, then raise it. Most insurers don't mine a declinature to renew, but they are two faced swines and will use you not telling them to get rid of the claim.

Your best bet is a face to face chat with your local broker.

Comment

I wouldn't bother.

I used a comparison site once and Saga refused to insure me as I'm under 30. Doesn't mean I'm going to tell them I've been refused insurance.

Comment

Working...
      X