• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HSBC Premier Account... any good??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want it but don't strictly qualify.
    I have both personal and business with HSBC so will they give it to me free anyway if I threaten to leave ?

Comment

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
      I want it but don't strictly qualify.
      I have both personal and business with HSBC so will they give it to me free anyway if I threaten to leave ?
      I reckon so, especially with personal and business accounts... The relationship managers can do quite a bit at their discretion.

Comment

It depends how far away you are from qualifying. If it's a considerable amount then they won't do.

If you fall a bit under but they think you have the potential in coming years to exceed the qualifying criteria then they will use their own discretion.

Comment

I was with Lloyds and went through the Gold, Platinum, Premier etc etc "value added accounts" and to behonest I found the sum of all the benefits probably are worth paying the extra, however I never used all the benefits so could get the parts I wanted cheaper shopping around.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Yep I've got this account too and it is well worth it! As others have said, just having the dedicated relationship manager is fantastic. Whenever I call up I can get through to someone immediately who understands what I'm saying and the generally do bend over backwards to help.

The travel insurance is very good too.

Comment

Been Premier Customer for >8 years - very happy. It's always been free for me (big mortgage) - the free travel insurance is a good deal but by far the best @ present is my tiny mortgage rate - the rate is pinned just above BOE base rate :-)

If they wanted to charge me, it'd still be well worth paying (don't tell them).

They have better savings rates for some products too.

My CRM phones me once a year and I've had the same one for >5 years - even though I've never met her she's been very helpful.

Overall a good deal and enough to stop me being bothered to move banks.

Comment

Working...
              X