• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountants that include Self Assesment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
    I would be careful about relying on this, whilst it may buy you a few days grace, they will still fine you if it is not submitted within a reasonable time, after allowing for any attempt to contact HMRC for advice.

If the HMRC helpline is out of action for say two days, then that is the amount of extra time you can expect before a penalty is charged.

Alan
    I will be doing my own tonight online, looks fairly straight forward.

Comment

Hi guys, this may be of use

Wanda here,

I was looking for some kinda really simple software so I could move away from spreadsheets and writing on notepads. I found this one called Mind The Profit, that records incomes and expenses alone. You can't do detailed accounting tasks on it though. It does look rather neat and lets you view it in graphs and charts as well. It works on Google cloud so you got security too. The last time I checked, it was free. Try Googling it

Comment

We do not charge for a tax return if the client submits their return to us by 30th September (we have extended this from July), so this gives the client 6 months to get their paperwork together.

Not sure that we are 'always' increasing our prices, we remain very competitive and existing clients have had the increase deferred.

There are two ways to increase the fee, we can either do smaller increases every year or 'catch up' every few years, not sure which is best but we only reflect the increased costs that we have in providing our service.

Alan
        Cool. I'm with NW and I was going to check this.

Is the free tax return for just the one person or any shareholders as well? ;-)

Agree with you about the cut off date. Seems fair enough. Otherwise you're going to get people expecting it done with 7 days to go.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Cool. I'm with NW and I was going to check this.

Is the free tax return for just the one person or any shareholders as well? ;-)

Agree with you about the cut off date. Seems fair enough. Otherwise you're going to get people expecting it done with 7 days to go.
          The 'free' tax return is just for one person, although we can do other family members if requested as a modest fee of £75+VAT (for a basic tax return).

We do get last minute tax return requests, despite several reminders.

We received 6 tax returns requests on the 31st January this year and managed to file 5 of them the same day. (The other one has not yet approved the return )

Alan

Comment

The 'free' tax return is just for one person, although we can do other family members if requested as a modest fee of £75+VAT (for a basic tax return).

We do get last minute tax return requests, despite several reminders.

We received 6 tax returns requests on the 31st January this year and managed to file 5 of them the same day. (The other one has not yet approved the return )

Alan
            Seriously. 31st Jan. Talk about leaving till last minute.....

Good on you lot for getting them done mind. Bet you hate Jan 31st!
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

We here at Smith Craven Chartered Accountants include the tax returns for directors and shareholders in the monthly fee of £60 + VAT per month no extra charges for self assessment.

As most accountancy firms find there will always be individuals that bring their info in at the last minute we still get the returns submitted on time

Comment

Working...
              X