• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Formal Liquidation Procedures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't capital gains 18% upon winding up.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
      Isn't capital gains 18% upon winding up.
      18% in basic rate band only, 28% above, unless entrepreneurs relief applies, in which case 10% throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
        Ha! Either you haven't read many of my recent posts or I've been far too subtle... I can recommend one, but I'm admittedly biased.

I'm 50% of MVL Online, quick google search will find. £995+VAT+disbursements, tho you/your accountant will need to simplify balance sheet down to just cash at bank (ie sell off any assets and pay any liabilities).
        Ah ha... at last someone spotting the opportunity and doing something about it...

Thanks for this. Do you have any glowing references from satisfied customers?
        We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
        - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
          Thanks for this. Do you have any glowing references from satisfied customers?
          Still very early days (bear in mind legislation only changed ~6 months ago, we only got our offering together ~3 months ago...combined with liquidations typically taking 3+ months to be seen right through).

So we've only recently had our first few starting the process. By the end of the year I'm confident there will be some glowing references.

The insolvency practitioner behind it (my colleague David Thorniley) has done hundreds of liquidations of all shapes and sizes, so we're not new to the process as a whole, but MVL Online is a new company catering specifically to the post ESC C16 market at this price.

Comment

SJD Accountancy recommended one voluntary liquidation company that is charging around £5-6k .... you think this is too much ?

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
              SJD Accountancy recommended one voluntary liquidation company that is charging around £5-6k .... you think this is too much ?
              Yeah they did to me too - ridiculous price for what is required
              We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
              - Douglas Adams

Comment

Nixons recommended liquidator also is charging silly amounts total all in near between £4.5-£5k. Ringing around though seems most of the more expensives ones charge around £3.5k all in, so looks like (but I may be wrong), the bigger accountancy are just jacking the prices up as with the accountancy charges to see how much they can get out (screw) out of you.
                Last edited by ELBBUBKUNPS; 14 September 2012, 08:39.
                I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Like any industry, prices vary from one company to the next.

Bear in mind in a lot of traditional liquidations, there are all kinds of hassles relating to selling off stock/fixed assets, chasing debtors, meeting with creditors etc.

Using a formal liquidation process for very simple, solvent companies isn't really something that was done before 1 March 2012...no reason for anyone to bother.

I think only a few insolvency practices have cottoned on to this potential new market, and how much simpler the typical cases should be (hence how they can afford to do it for a much lower fee).

Unless your bank balance is in excess of £250k, MVL Online's "all in" price (ie inc VAT & disbursements) will be below £2k. Even if there's >£250k, the only change is the bond price creeps up.

Comment

So has anyone on here performed a voluntary liquidation on their limited company ? Would you recommend one for me ? Preferably in the London area and one that costs less than £3k. One liquidation company insited that I turn up to a room and swear an oath regarding my ability to pay off my liabilities , is this normal procedure?

Comment

One liquidation company insited that I turn up to a room and swear an oath regarding my ability to pay off my liabilities , is this normal procedure?
                      Yes. You'll need a solicitor to witness your signature on the Declaration of Solvency for any MVL.

Comment

Working...
                      X